Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

Looks like I need a new battery for my 00 Jeep Cherokee. Looking for suggestions on batteries. I usually run Diehard batteries and wondering if anyone uses them.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Looks like I need a new battery for my 00 Jeep Cherokee. Looking for suggestions on batteries. I usually run Diehard batteries and wondering if anyone uses them.
I run Walmart EverStart Batteries, have never had good luck with diehards... they do as the name suggests Die Hard.

Things

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott Arizona
First Name
jeff
Last Name
mcallister
Member #

Been running a pair of RV/Deep Cycle Interstate Battieries from Costco in my Diesels, no issues at all. Ran the Gold Label Diehard years ago, but Sears in our local area died....... And they couldn't jump start them again.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

There's only 3 battery manufacturers in the US. Pic the battery w/ the best performance v. your needs and price. I have a 94R Bosch AGM I got from Pep Boys. It's 80AH and I have solar hooked into it. It's been reliable as can be.

Reactions: Downs

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I personally prefer Interstate made by Johnson Controls. I've replaced lots of batteries in customer's vehicles and have seen some Interstates that were years past what would be considered their lifespan and were still working. Exide batteries seem to be the worst as they always seem to leak acid, I don't put them in anything I own. I had a blue top Optima that was my jump starting battery or throw it in equipment or the odd vehicle I needed to start, it got charged about every 6 months. It finally gave up the ghost 13 years after I bought it after leading a very very hard life, needless to say I was impressed and replaced it with another Optima.

Reactions: M Rose

IAm_Not_Lost

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arizona
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Yeats
Member #

As much as I dislike walking into Walmart, their Everstart batteries have always performed well. Watch the Project Farm video on YT regarding batteries and I think Everstart was the best bang for your buck. Also in the video testing was Diehard and Optima.

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Odyssey has always been my go-to but you'll pay for them. Likely overkill if you're not running things that draw power with the engine off or high-drain stuff like a winch.

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

Odyssey has always been my go-to but you'll pay for them. Likely overkill if you're not running things that draw power with the engine off or high-drain stuff like a winch.
Thank you, Eventually the Jeep will be getting a winch and KC off road lights.

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

As much as I dislike walking into Walmart, their Everstart batteries have always performed well. Watch the Project Farm video on YT regarding batteries and I think Everstart was the best bang for your buck. Also in the video testing was Diehard and Optima.
Thank you, I’ll check out the you tube video.

Dru13

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ft. lauderdale
First Name
Drew
Last Name
W
I second the interstate deep cycle battery. If you accidentally drain it down it won’t break like a starting battery.