Desert camping is ok?

• HTML tutorial

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
Some of our best experiences have been in deserts: clear starry skies, tranquillity, wildlife which hasn't yet learned to avoid humans, wide horizons without powerlines and windmills, no light or sound pollution.

As long as you plan appropriately (water, comms, navigation, etc.) desert travel is great.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
The high deserts and the tundra are our preferred areas where we feel most at home. No people, no light pollution, no noise. No artificial barriers or distractions between yourself, if alone, or your loved and nature. Solitude is a great way to connect with what’s important in your life. However, be careful, as you may be pleasantly surprised to find out that you don’t care about material things that you previously held onto.

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

The high deserts and the tundra are our preferred areas where we feel most at home. No people, no light pollution, no noise. No artificial barriers or distractions between yourself, if alone, or your loved and nature. Solitude is a great way to connect with what’s important in your life. However, be careful, as you may be pleasantly surprised to find out that you don’t care about material things that you previously held onto.
Very nice!

Reactions: Dimitri_Raptis

Dimitri_Raptis

Rank IX
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic I

Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
First Name
Dimitri
Last Name
Raptis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Indeed deserts are challenging but if well prepared very rewarding. Compared to more green and cold locations, it hardly ever rains, the sky is blue, the off road experience is amazing, getting stuck in sand is in my opinion easier to recover than mud, pond, or snow, it is more adventurers and fulfilling.

Attachments

Reactions: David_561cfd