Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I know all of us have these grand plans of fully outfitting our rigs and taking off for a month long journey into the great unknown traveling down the path that has not been seen by others eyes for years .... but let's be honest life gets in the way a lot. Kids , work , significant other , house projects ect ect take up a lot of our lives, but that doesn't mean we can't get out and explore for a couple hours maybe even a full day .
so go ahead and share your dayventures and show off that you don't have to take a vacation to have a good time . If you can tell us how far you traveled or how long you where gone that day .

Hazelwoodjr

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Quarryville Pennsylvania
Member #

Here are just two out of many day trips I’ve been on with my family. (By the way Awesome thread!)

rausch creek tremont pa is an off-road park that you could definitely spend a whole day exploring, in the vehicle! Rausch Creek Off-Road Park is devoted to providing a fun, legal place for off-road enthusiasts to go four-wheeling with their four-wheel drive Jeep, truck, or SUV. The park consists of 3,000 acres of easy, intermediate, and difficult trails - featuring rocks, bowls, hills, club friendly trails, and free, on-site camping.

pinnacle overlook Holtwood PA. Another amazing place. Drive in and park, and get ready to hike for some amazing views. SUSQUEHANNOCK STATE PARK
Four properties along the scenic Lower Susquehanna River comprise the Susquehannock State Park Complex. The 224-acre Susquehannock State Park is on a wooded plateau overlooking the Susquehanna River in southern Lancaster County. Besides the outstanding view, the park offers a variety of recreational opportunities for year-round fun.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Smileyshaun

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

got a late start on the day due to having to take care of a couple deliveries because i took Saturday off for a race . we decided to just take a nice drive and go down part of the historic Barlow road wagon trail that was part of the Oregon trail . gone for about 6 hours , mostly because a washed out bridge made us turn around early .
20180701_101839.jpg one great thing about a full size that fits a lot of craphdr_00785_0.jpg hdr_00783_0.jpg hdr_00784_0.jpg hdr_00790_0.jpg hdr_00795_0.jpg 20180701_153428.jpg 20180701_171148.jpg

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Little overnight stay in Wharton state forest in central jersey.
Great place to just explore and drive through the dirt/sand roads. And fairly quiet secluded campgrounds

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk