Dash Mounts

• HTML tutorial

khorsa

Rank III

Advocate II

michigan
Sorry in advance, I wasn't sure where to put this.

I'm looking for some decent dash mounts for my phone, Galaxy Note, and my tablet. I can find a huge array of phone and tablet holders online, but want to get something sturdy without breaking the bank.

If any of you can help I would appreciate it.

-K

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

Mob Armor, mag mounts. Clean, easy, holds perfectly. I use the ones with magnetic mounts at both ends. This gives me the ability to remove them and just have a metal plate of the dash. This is important for me as my 85 pound German Shepherd often sits in the front seat. If he knocks into one it will move or come off, leaving the plate still attached. No damage, no issue, goes right back on.

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
I have the Nite Ize Steelie. Works great! Oh and they have a tablet mount as well. I like having the magnet on my phone since I can stick it on magnetic surfaces and be hands free.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Always used either RAM (Ipad) or Brodit (phone) mounts. You pay for what you get. Never had one fall off yet and even with the weight of an Ipad, the RAM mount is stable enough.

craigR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mt Dora, FL
Member #

I did quite a bit of reading on this subject recently, and I ended up getting RAM X-Grip mount for my phone. I'm quite happy with it, and although it was on the expensive side, I feel the overall quality and performance justify the cost for me.

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

I use a Vector JKE-Dock and RAM X-Grip for my iPhone and iPad. Its an awesome combination.
Waiting on my JKE Dock and RAM mounts for my phone, tablet, and GoPros! Super excited. Do you happen to know of any JKE Dock-friendly mounts for the Delorme InReach SE? I feel like I spent hours yesterday trying to find a solution and got frustrated and gave up.

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
For my HAM headunit and phone I use a Ram mount X grip and a double ball bolted to my dash(inconspicuously). I use a Nite Ize Steelie to hold my HAM mic.

I think RAM mounts are the gold standard and by far the most configurable.

Dcwn.45

Rank IV

Member I

Minnesota
First Name
David
Last Name
Nyman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0GNE
31826D48-43A3-4CC2-A33C-6885048133C8.jpeg
I use a Ram suction cup on the windshield for my IPhone, and I used Goop to attach a Ram base to the dash to support my tablet
Works great, had this setup for a year now

Reactions: Jimmy P

CagedLife

Rank 0

Traveler I

India
I use the RAM mount's X-Grip on my motorcycle. Best mount ever. But...
... for the car, I got a ZAAP mount from Amazon. Cheap(er), lets me unhook the phone from the mount with one hand and has a pressure sensitive lockin which makes it simpler. It works well for mild off-road and tarmac.

Coming back to RAM, if hard offroading is your thing, you cannot go wrong with it.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

If your going to be driving on some rough trails, I suggest getting a RAM mount. Yeah, it’s a bit pricey compared to others but it’s worth it. Plus, their made in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Waiting on my JKE Dock and RAM mounts for my phone, tablet, and GoPros! Super excited. Do you happen to know of any JKE Dock-friendly mounts for the Delorme InReach SE? I feel like I spent hours yesterday trying to find a solution and got frustrated and gave up.
There is a Ram mount for the InReach SE, but seems like they are getting harder to find:
https://www.tigergps.com/delorme-inreach-se-powered-motor-sports-ram-mount.html

I use the RAM-HOL-U4U universal finger grip with my JKE dock and it works pretty well.

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I ordered a Ram X mount for iPhone. should have it here tomorrow... I have a question though.. Will the suction cup suck and hold onto the flat plastic surfaces ok.. I don't want to mount it to the windshield..