Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Those are so expensive... Is there a reason for it that I do not see? You could buy 5 HMMV trailers for that price.

http://www.vintagemilitarytrucks.com/M1102_Cargo_Trailer_Page.htm
It's probably a quarter of the weight of one of those trailers. The surplus trailers are probably twice as wide as the one that i purchased, making it much wider than either vehicle that I would tow it with. I also don't have to load it to capacity to get the suspension to not be equivalent to the axel being welded to the frame... I don't remember if those actually have axels; the CVT does not have an axel.

All that said, if you are handy, and have the time... I just didn't/don't. I spend far too much time working, and would rather spend my time out exploring, and starting with a solid functional base, and slowly adding on seemed to be the compromise that worked (see turtleback at the other end of the spectrum).

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Yeah, I guess the 1101 trailers will pull better behind a full-size vehicle. My friend pulls one behind his Land Cruiser. It's all aluminum and they weigh 1460lbs empty and they can carry over 2 tons of equipment in them.