TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
Did, what I'm calling, my first purposeful off road test run today in Quartzsite, AZ. Very easy trails. Just tried getting a feel for how to shift from 4L to 4H and how different the gearing is. Also aired down after a few minutes to see how much of a difference there was. After airing back up I realized my Ryobi compressor is completely inadequate. Luckily I had 3 batteries and a 110v plug in my truck to charge them.
This is my first HD truck and really wanted to get a feel for the size. I need many more mods to make my Super Duty off road worthy, but I'm on my way.
Also had to drag my 30ft travel trailer through some pretty loose sand in Joshua Tree a few minutes ago. Thank god for my truck, 4L and years of trailer towing experience. I hope someday we can downsize into a more offroad friendly trailer.

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
I could have waved on our way through.

We camped at Dome Rock Thursday night:

Went north and east via Plomosa Range Trail, Quinn Pass Trail, resupplied in Bouse, Went out to Swansea, Planet and wound up in Parker. Took the 95 back to Quartzsite and then headed home.

Dan & Jen Nevada

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

On the Road...
Member #

We're there right now but over on Plomosa Rd. Been boondocking for almost two weeks. Fun area! Lot's of trails too. We did Spanish Cabin. Short and moderate at most but did slide off the road in some soft rock and gravel. 4L and my lockers (probably excessive but what the heck, I paid for them) and I was back on the road. Lot's of geocaching too.

TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
Lol, let me know if you find a pry bar for my Centerline Weight Distribution hitch. I must have left it sitting on my bumper after unhitching my trailer, and drove off.

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Roof top tent and a flip pop tent from front runner if you need more sleeping space.

That way you can get rid of the anchor and all the maintenance and upkeep that goes along with it.

James

TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
Roof top tent and a flip pop tent from front runner if you need more sleeping space.

That way you can get rid of the anchor and all the maintenance and upkeep that goes along with it.

James
We are full timers. I have to leave my wife and daughter for 3 weeks at a time while I go offshore to work. I wouldnt feel right making them live in a tent everyday. Its bad enough I sold their 3000sqft house and made them move into a trailer. If we ever settle down again I'll definitely be getting a RTT for weekend adventures.