Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

How do you access the clutch lever or see the drum? Did you consider airflow to the radiator?

Phil_bert88

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

ARIZONA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Sanzari
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Philbert
Service Branch
PFMD
I'm nowhere close to finishing yet. I'll cut access holes when everything is welded together I still have more plate to cut and fab for the sides and bottom and then supports on the inside

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Phil_bert88

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

ARIZONA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Sanzari
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Philbert
Service Branch
PFMD
Thanks @ob4838 I'll post more pix from beginning to end later. I'm sorta teaching myself while my buddy who is more experienced watches over haha

Reactions: ob4838

Phil_bert88

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

ARIZONA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Sanzari
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Philbert
Service Branch
PFMD
Why not use 3/16" ? or even 1/4? 1/8" seems a little light for a "Heavy Duty" bumper.

Are the recovery points welded to the mounting plate that bolts to the frame of the vehicle?
1/8 is actually more than sturdy enough. This thing is heavy haha and yes I have the tow points welded to the plates

Phil_bert88

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

ARIZONA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Sanzari
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Philbert
Service Branch
PFMD
1/8 is actually more than sturdy enough. This thing is heavy haha and yes I have the tow points welded to the plates

It's taken me so long to get this far haha I keep doing what I can at my buddies house since I sold my house last year and haven't gotten my own place yet. But it's finally coming together lolIMG_20180405_071216_187.jpgIMG_20180405_071216_190.jpg

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

If you purchase the proper winch there is no clutch lever. My doesn't have one.
I have a Zeon Platinum 10-S. I like the no-clutch lever setup too. But still.. i'd think you would need some airflow for the radiator and also would want to be able to see the wrap on the drum. No?

Reactions: WrightRunner

Phil_bert88

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

ARIZONA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Sanzari
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Philbert
Service Branch
PFMD
I have a Zeon Platinum 10-S. I like the no-clutch lever setup too. But still.. i'd think you would need some airflow for the radiator and also would want to be able to see the wrap on the drum. No?
Hmm I honestly didn't think of the need to watch the wrap of the winch. As for air flow it's getting good flow still I haven't seen any change in temp yet but I will continue to post if I have any of those issues. I did however bed line it today after staying up late lastnight sand blasting and primering it. I used spray on raptor liner from Australia. This stuff worked amazing and looks fantasticIMG_20180408_125817_793.jpgIMG_20180408_125817_796.jpg20180408_132842.jpg20180408_121652.jpg