Couple nights spent North of Williams; exploring and enjoying!

• HTML tutorial

Influencer II

Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Elvin
Last Name
Lightfoot
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Just completed an overnight trip thru the FR's North of Williams, AZ.

Included two-nights spent in the beautiful forests of Kaibab and Coconino

First Day:
Aired down @ FR141 just North of Williams and skirted around Sitgreave's Mountain to FR712/FR144 up to Highway 180.
Then explored around Slate Mountain to the South (FS191A/164H). Spent the night at a nice spot at South-end of the mountain. The spot was quiet and the scenery was amazing. No others in sight, very secluded and quiet!
After breakfast continued around Slate Mountain and back to Highway 180.

Day Two:
Jumped off-road again @ FR 191C, connected to FR 9003G, then FR 9234P to FR 193 (Crawley Road).
Then FR 171 to Wing Mountain Road. Skirted around Wing Mountain, and was back at the I-40 (via FR 9231Q) at the little town of Bellemont (around 15 miles West of Flagstaff). Had lunch @ JJ's in Flagstaff and picked up some ice for the cooler.

Headed North on Highway 180 to FR 151 (Heart Prairie) for a trip around the Kachins Peaks Wilderness area and Humphries Peak. Stunning views were plenty and majestic. What a beautiful wilderness! Detoured off FR 627 to invetsigate and found a few very isolated camp spots with lots of shade and views. Decided to pull up and camp here for the night.

In the morning was back on FR151 and took FR 418 (White Horse Trail). Detoured onto FR9219V for the 3-mile trip back to FR 418. FR 9219V was a very isolated road that requires 4x4 with some clearance. Plenty of technical challenges but fun. Was a tight-fit in some places for my mid-sized 2022 Frontier. Had a spotter and was able to get thru everything but was fun! Still adding to my offroad skills as a driver and gaining more confidence!

Now back on the White Horse Trail, Lockett Meadow Trail and back on Highway 89 for the trip back to Prescott Valley. Was great to get away and take in some new views and enjoy Kaibab/Coconino Forests.
==========================

Pics to follow!

Elvin
Prescott Valley

Influencer II

Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Elvin
Last Name
Lightfoot
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Just completed an overnight trip thru the FR's North of Williams, AZ.

Included two-nights spent in the beautiful forests of Kaibab and Coconino

First Day:
Aired down @ FR141 just North of Williams and skirted around Sitgreave's Mountain to FR712/FR144 up to Highway 180.
Then explored around Slate Mountain to the South (FS191A/164H). Spent the night at a nice spot at South-end of the mountain. The spot was quiet and the scenery was amazing. No others in sight, very secluded and quiet!
After breakfast continued around Slate Mountain and back to Highway 180.

Day Two:
Jumped off-road again @ FR 191C, connected to FR 9003G, then FR 9234P to FR 193 (Crawley Road).
Then FR 171 to Wing Mountain Road. Skirted around Wing Mountain, and was back at the I-40 (via FR 9231Q) at the little town of Bellemont (around 15 miles West of Flagstaff). Had lunch @ JJ's in Flagstaff and picked up some ice for the cooler.

Headed North on Highway 180 to FR 151 (Heart Prairie) for a trip around the Kachins Peaks Wilderness area and Humphries Peak. Stunning views were plenty and majestic. What a beautiful wilderness! Detoured off FR 627 to invetsigate and found a few very isolated camp spots with lots of shade and views. Decided to pull up and camp here for the night.

In the morning was back on FR151 and took FR 418 (White Horse Trail). Detoured onto FR9219V for the 3-mile trip back to FR 418. FR 9219V was a very isolated road that requires 4x4 with some clearance. Plenty of technical challenges but fun. Was a tight-fit in some places for my mid-sized 2022 Frontier. Had a spotter and was able to get thru everything but was fun! Still adding to my offroad skills as a driver and gaining more confidence!

Now back on the White Horse Trail, Lockett Meadow Trail and back on Highway 89 for the trip back to Prescott Valley. Was great to get away and take in some new views and enjoy Kaibab/Coconino Forests.
==========================

Pics to follow!

Elvin
Prescott Valley
Adding some pics

Attachments

Last edited: