Costa Rica Adventure with Nomad America rental!

• HTML tutorial

atIOIYIOI

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingston, Ontario
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3BWR
Service Branch
Fire Rescue
We’ve all dreamed of it. We’ve all watched other people do it, but it seems like such a difficult thing to actually do ourselves. Hit the road and travel somewhere far away, a different world - experience things we have never seen before, eat food we have never tasted before, and live the exploring life. There is so much involved, so much time spent planning, so much that has to be given up, and coordinated. Or is there?

There is a simple way. Very simple. With almost no pre-planning required! We did it! We flew to Costa Rica with nothing but a first night hotel reservation, and a month long reservation with Nomad America, for a Prado 120 with a Roof Top Tent and camping supplies. It was AMAZING.

I’m slowly putting together all our video footage (it’s taking much longer than the adventure itself) - and if this is something you have considered doing, or had never even thought was an option - I urge you to watch through the series. Costa Rica is an unbelievable little country, and dropping into full time travel there is much easier than one might expect. Never felt unsafe. Always found somewhere to stay. Never got asked to leave anywhere. The people are super friendly, and the scenery, terrain, and wildlife (obviously!) are unforgettable.

If you dream of camping for free right at the beach, in the jungle, at hot springs, by volcanos.... Just Do It!

Here is Episode 1 - enjoy!

Unbelievable COSTA RICA adventure in a small 4x4 and Roof Top Tent!!

atIOIYIOI

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingston, Ontario
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3BWR
Service Branch
Fire Rescue
Costa Rica is an amazing place to see and explore (The whole country!) The little underpowered Prado took us everywhere, and one of the things that I really loved was all the water crossings on the little roads - really was my favorite driving thing to do! Saw lots of colorful fish, Scarlet Macaws, and a wicked little lizard!

Costa Rica is AMAZING above and below the water! - Beach Camping!!

atIOIYIOI

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingston, Ontario
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3BWR
Service Branch
Fire Rescue
We continued our adventure with some amazing waters, waterfalls, and high altitudes (Which didn’t really help the somewhat lacking of power in this Prado!). What an amazing place, and such a fun little vehicle to drive - it’s not all about speed!

We really learned to love the little Prado that could, even if it couldn’t do it quickly, it got us everywhere, even to the highest peaks!

You won’t believe Costa Rica’s hidden beaches, waterfalls, and ALPINE landscapes!

atIOIYIOI

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingston, Ontario
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3BWR
Service Branch
Fire Rescue
Next we made it out to the Carribean coast - where things were a little wetter - but still an amazing place. I wish we had another moth to spend here!

Is Costa Rica Beach Life really all it’s cracked up to be?

atIOIYIOI

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingston, Ontario
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3BWR
Service Branch
Fire Rescue
After the high humidity, and soaking rains on the south Caribbean coast we went to the opposite extreme in the North Pacific, where it was windy, and much drier! The water here was ICE COLD!! What an unbelievable place!

Freezing water, killer trees and Boating disasters! Guanacaste Costa Rica Adventures!

atIOIYIOI

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingston, Ontario
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3BWR
Service Branch
Fire Rescue
The best. Seriously, this beach, was the best. Staying in the north Pacific of Guanacaste was the right thing to do - amazing privacy, relaxing camping, snorkeling.... not much more you can ask for. Favorite place so far!

BEST beach in Costa Rica! | Nomad America RTT Rental!

atIOIYIOI

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingston, Ontario
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3BWR
Service Branch
Fire Rescue
Ladies and gentlemen, I present for your enjoyment (finally) - the last episode!

Volcanos, bridges, and a BEACH THIEF! | 4x4 RTT Adventure!