OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Images to follow...I was not there when it was stitched up...I measured the cooler, cut the panels (slightly oversize to allow for final trim) top, bottom and continuous side, canvas, inner fabric and foil ...windscreen sun shade, bought the zipper a little longer than required...she worked her magic...lol

HammPhoto

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bethel, CT
Member #

I've been extremely happy with my Grizzly 60. Depending on menu It's got enough space to hold enough cold goods for 4 days for 5 adults plus beer[emoji1303] and it fits perfectly N/S in the back of the JKu I would like to get a 40 or 20 for shorter trips but can't see myself spending the cash

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Luis Merlo

ZREM

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fort Collins, CO
First Name
Court
Last Name
Merz
Member #

I have an OtterBox 45qt ... full disclosure, I work for Otter.

I love it. True to size, very clever latch system (similar to a Jeep's hood latch), holds ice longer than my parent's Yeti 50. Some may not like the handles, as they stick out and take up space, but when you're moving the cooler they are NICE.

Construction is VERY solid.

Made in USA. Lots of cool little features and accessories that add to everyday usability (including bear resistant locking kit).

Reactions: krzyboy2o

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

I have an OtterBox 45qt ... full disclosure, I work for Otter.

I love it. True to size, very clever latch system (similar to a Jeep's hood latch), holds ice longer than my parent's Yeti 50. Some may not like the handles, as they stick out and take up space, but when you're moving the cooler they are NICE.

Construction is VERY solid.

Made in USA. Lots of cool little features and accessories that add to everyday usability (including bear resistant locking kit).
Any discounts? [emoji38][emoji6]

On a serious note, I'm seriously considering this over the other brands. I like the modularity and accessories available. If only they had one with wheels! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

When I saw the Yeti prices, I started looking around - took a risk and settled on the Walmart 52qt Ozark Trail roto cooler. We stayed on Castaic Lake near Magic Mountain in SoCal when the lowest daytime temp recorded was 96 degrees - and upwards of 113 degrees. We were there for 7 days. I added ice ONCE on day 4... and this was with 5 kids and 2 grown ups in and out of the cooler.....

Obviously, the bigger the cooler, the more difficult to keep it cool. Ozark Trail also offers a 73qt

The cost of the 52qt was $193 plux California tax.....

rzims

Rank III

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Sims
I saw the otter and almost bought it but the handles sticking out was a killer for me. I ended up with one from xtreme fishing which is just a generic rotomolded cooler.
I like it because it's pretty square with no handles and the sides don't taper in.
I'm all about packing tight and the square sides really helped with that.

My smaller cooler is an artic zone 30 from amazon. On last week's trip I kept our drinks in there and food in the big one

I really like the Jeep branded Grizzly, but I'm pretty frugal (ok, cheap)