Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I live in Florida so most places you go around here you have a lot of sand. My truck is a 4x4 lifted about 2", there is no chance a bottle jack will lift it. I have traction boards and the Hi-Lift jack is the easiest tool there is to the lift the tire up to get the traction boards under it. I've had to use mine a few times and will keep it on my truck.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I have one of those inflatable air bags. Never used it but seems like it might be handy and packs well. I'm not hardcore off roader like some. I just want to get to secluded areas to camp and fish. I have a hi-lift but not going to pack it across the country. I guess if I were going looking to see how far I could go and trying to push the limits I would have more recovery gear. I always carry recovery gear and so far have only used it to recover others. I pushed plenty of limits in my youth and consider myself extremely lucky to make it here to play again another day. Now, I just want to fish and see some cool places. Ya'll be careful out there...and keep and eye out for me stuck in the boonies!

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
one time we set up to eat on a picnic table and the wind kept blowing the table cloth off. i went and got the hi-lift and laid it across the table on the side the wind was coming from and pretty much saved the day. so yes, keep the hi-lift
I’ve a pair of Gerry cans I keep full of gasoline for that exact thing- gheesh, small world- LOL !!

• Haha
Reactions: grubworm
D

Deleted member 14476

My two cents is replace it with a Pro-Eagle jack. I'm a biased desert rat but they're worth every penny. Big oversized wheels to get it through the tougher terrain, extenders available, you can get skid plates for them for sliding around, they won't sink on you too bad and you can always stuff a traction board for distribution. And they're quality built. You'll feel way more comfortable busting it out for recovery. I've even seen people driving while jacked up on them, they're impressive jack's.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Hmmm, now that I think about it my high lift was still mounted on the 76 Cherokee when I sold it last year. I was wondering where it went, I have fence posts to pull !
For my plastic WJ, a bottle jack with accessories has served me well. When in the woods solo I just throw in a heavy duty come along and call it good.