Continue building my Honda Element or find a Tacoma or 4Runner?

• HTML tutorial

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
What @tjZ06 said. It would be ideal to do this on a gravel surface to prevent drivetrain damage; trust me, you'll know when it's locked.

Reactions: CafeRoaster

CafeRoaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Clark
Thank you, everyone. Looked at quite a few vehicles today and found an FJ that’s been very well taken care of, 183k miles, has lots of maintenance records, alternator replaced 40k miles ago, doesn’t look to have been off-road at all, is bone stock, and has everything I wanted except the rear power outlet.

Just waiting for my bank to remove the transaction limit on my debit card so I can walk out of here a happy FJ owner.

Reactions: DintDobbs and tjZ06

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Thank you, everyone. Looked at quite a few vehicles today and found an FJ that’s been very well taken care of, 183k miles, has lots of maintenance records, alternator replaced 40k miles ago, doesn’t look to have been off-road at all, is bone stock, and has everything I wanted except the rear power outlet.

Just waiting for my bank to remove the transaction limit on my debit card so I can walk out of here a happy FJ owner.
FJs are rad and great aftermarket support. Post up when you get it out and get it dirty!

-TJ

Reactions: DintDobbs

CafeRoaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Clark
@CafeRoaster Congratulations on your acquisition! I guess it's all downhill from here... (not!)

Ain't she pretty?
I'm sure there will be some downhills as well as some uphills. Haha!

I'm thinking the perfect maiden voyage for this FJ would be my Element's maiden voyage that we were unable to complete, that put the idea into my head that perhaps I'd already outgrown the Element. :D

Sam30931_xterra

Rank V

Traveler III

Yakima, Yakima County, Washington, United States
First Name
Sam
Last Name
McCormick
Member #

@CafeRoaster Congratulations on your acquisition! I guess it's all downhill from here... (not!)

Ain't she pretty?
I'm sure there will be some downhills as well as some uphills. Haha!

I'm thinking the perfect maiden voyage for this FJ would be my Element's maiden voyage that we were unable to complete, that put the idea into my head that perhaps I'd already outgrown the Element. :D
Sounds like a perfect maiden voyage