Rank II

Member I

Oakland, Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
Micah
Last Name
Cash
Member #

I’d say, if you get one, go for the Drive 4G-X OTR or passively the Drive Reach OTR, I went with the sleek version and while it does boost the signal, I think the premium tiers would do a much better job at it.

In addition a huge drawback of the sleek version is that cradle that your phone needs to be in drops your phone as soon as you hit a bump. Not exactly ideal when you’re on the trail.

scott_OR

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Pendleton, OR, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

I have 2. One in my full size RV (4g-M) I’ve had since about 2015 and the other (drive sleek) that moves between ‘97 GMC Yukon & ‘98 Jeep ZJ GC. They really help!

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Like @Prerunner1982 said, if there is no signal there is nothing to boost. We had a group of about 13 rigs traveling together with front and rear rig having WeBoost setups and had some issues with a broken axle shaft while we were way out in the middle of nowhere and weren't able to call for spares to be brought to the end of the trail ( we were meeting another rig at the end of the day to continue forward and they were trying to relay a message to stop and a friends garage to pick up parts). Luckily we hade enough parts between everyone in the group to patch the front axle back together enough to get it through the day ( and actually the rest of the 1200 km on and offroad ).
basically it didn't impress me for the amount of money it would cost and the gains that I saw.