Coming from Los Angeles to Arizona. (Need Suggestions)

• HTML tutorial

MarioDidIt

Rank III

Advocate II

We just had snow yesterday just north of Sedona and in Flagstaff. So bring some warm clothing and have fun.
Definitely was prepared for cold weather haha
Also just called the ranger station for the Schnebly hill area, they mentioned the road is open but they did have some snow last night.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Fun, fun, fun. I love tent camping in the cold weather. It makes the hot chocolate and s'mores so much better.. If you need help with any thing you can text me, as I am off until Sunday.

MarioDidIt

Rank III

Advocate II

Sorry guys, made it back to civilization and immediately got back in the day to day loop of work haha Ill have a full report up on this thread soon!

MarioDidIt

Rank III

Advocate II

Ill update this thread with a trip report, and more photos as they are edited.

Campsite in Kaibab National Forest, just south of The GC

Exploring The GC

Driving through Havasupai

Arrival at Havasupai (perfect timing for sunset)

Camp set up for the night

Sunset

Night shots

Sunrise

A little B&W

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

Yeah, AZ is one of my new favorite states.
The trick to Sedona is to go during the week. Otherwise those pink jeeps are everywhere.

Looks like an epic trip. Camping near the rim is on my next "to do" list when I go up there.

Reactions: MarioDidIt

MarioDidIt

Rank III

Advocate II

Yeah, AZ is one of my new favorite states.
The trick to Sedona is to go during the week. Otherwise those pink jeeps are everywhere.

Looks like an epic trip. Camping near the rim is on my next "to do" list when I go up there.
We had gone on a Friday, which shouldnt be too bad but not until we were in traffic for a while did we realize it was Spring Break.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
AZ is a great place to explore - with all those unpaved roads and open gates to access. Unlike Texas, the unwritten rule is you are allowed to enter the land if there is not a lock on the gate and you should always leave the gate the same way that you found it. I have heard of a couple of instances where someone closed a gate behind them and the livestock died from lack of water on the property.

Reactions: MarioDidIt