Clothing what do you pack?

• HTML tutorial

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
As Jimmy mentions about if you cant wear an item more than one way you probably shouldn't bring it...

Something like Columbia PFG or L. L. Bean's Tropicwear shirts can be had in short or long sleeves, but the long sleeves can be rolled up and buttoned so they stay up above your elbow. Sometimes I dont even bother bringing a short sleeve shirt other than a tee.

3 in 1 cold weather coats, same thing. A nice fleece that snaps and zips into a quality waterproof shell, which itself could be worn alone.
We'll all experience different clothing differently, so every opinion on "the best" is valid.

For what it's worth we've ended up with Icebreaker socks and Craghoppers trousers and shirts. I find the Columbia material less "breathable" and the Craghoppers material better, particularly in hot/humid climates.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

We'll all experience different clothing differently, so every opinion on "the best" is valid.

For what it's worth we've ended up with Icebreaker socks and Craghoppers trousers and shirts. I find the Columbia material less "breathable" and the Craghoppers material better, particularly in hot/humid climates.
I'd have to say, yes, sometimes the Columbia PFG gets a little smelly. The LL Bean is a slightly heavier shirt but is still breathable. Craghopper, I've never tried and only ever seen them a couple of years ago up in North Conway NH. Wasn't sure if THEY were a knockoff until I looked them up while standing in the store for the first time. I'll have to try them.

Icebreaker socks I know nothing about

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
sure...you can pack all of that stuff if you really want to, or you can just get one of these bad boys!
(the "overland version" comes in tactical black and has a secret pocket...)

1720728613094.png

Last edited: