Enthusiast I

Faversham, UK
First Name
Pete
Last Name
OKeeffe
Member #

Hi
Can someone advise how easy is it to get a visa for China and Tibet when you're on the road. The Chinese website tells me I need to apply 3 months prior to entry, and I need a permanent residence.
As I'll be on the road somewhere - possibly Nepal or Pakistan, can a NZ passport holder get a visa from either of these countries to get into China please.
Thanks
Pete O'Keeffe

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi
Can someone advise how easy is it to get a visa for China and Tibet when you're on the road. The Chinese website tells me I need to apply 3 months prior to entry, and I need a permanent residence.
As I'll be on the road somewhere - possibly Nepal or Pakistan, can a NZ passport holder get a visa from either of these countries to get into China please.
Thanks
Pete O'Keeffe
I don't know the latest status regarding crossing China with your own vehicle and whether a guide is still mandatory. Many overlanders have formed a group in the past to reduce the cost of paperwork.

I think our member @Sea Diamond , who is based in China and travels there frequently, can give you some valuable information on this.

Pete471

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Faversham, UK
First Name
Pete
Last Name
OKeeffe
Member #

I don't know the latest status regarding crossing China with your own vehicle and whether a guide is still mandatory. Many overlanders have formed a group in the past to reduce the cost of paperwork.

I think our member @Sea Diamond , who is based in China and travels there frequently, can give you some valuable information on this.
Excellent - thank you for your reply. @Sea Diamond if you see this can you let me know your thoughts please
Many thanks
Pete