Rank II

Contributor III

Petaluma, California, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Yep it’s Rough Country. Pretty straight forward install, quality from Rough Country is getting better. I ended up getting a 12000 pound RC winch, just cause I knew it would fit. Problem is there is no RC wireless remote. So you have this huge cable extension to run it into your engine bay..,which is still a pain because you have to open the hood to get to it. There are some aftermarket options that I am looking at. Will post when done. Also, the other issue is that you can get to the winch release ledger to free spool the cable out. You have to do it under power…which is also kind of a pain. The plus is it looks great and it is not heavy enough to bring down the front end..
I meant you cant get to the lever to engage free spooling…

Reactions: Rick_1bc1db

Swanson163

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Looks great! You level it or put on a small lift? I just leveled my 2020 Trailboss so I could cram 295/70/18 on the stock wheels. Super happy with the Cognito lift. Also just finished the rack in the back.Finally ready for tent.
2” in back about 3-1/2 in front, but I didn’t start with a trail boss, so you have a 2” head start. I used icon adjustable remote res front and rear plus blocks in back. 315 70 17 (35”) on 17” 0 offset. Had to remove the factory little mudflaps and their brackets in front and screw the fender liner out of the way but no rubs!
315 is big! What brand lift did you go with?

Swanson163

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Looks great! You level it or put on a small lift? I just leveled my 2020 Trailboss so I could cram 295/70/18 on the stock wheels. Super happy with the Cognito lift. Also just finished the rack in the back.Finally ready for tent.
2” in back about 3-1/2 in front, but I didn’t start with a trail boss, so you have a 2” head start. I used icon adjustable remote res front and rear plus blocks in back. 315 70 17 (35”) on 17” 0 offset. Had to remove the factory little mudflaps and their brackets in front and screw the fender liner out of the way but no rubs!
Disregard….looks like you did the ICon adjustable…legit setup

Rick_1bc1db

Rank III

Contributor III

Papillion, Sarpy County, Nebraska, United States
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Bernstein
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Yep icon. Important not to skip the upper control arm. You may pop the stock ball joint out with the little bit of lift and increased articulation. Trail boss may have already addressed it with the factory lift. There are a couple of stops that you’ll want to remove that’ll allow for more suspension travel as well if you have struts and control arms that can do it. AND, what a difference in ride, even just on the street. Whole different truck.

Reactions: Swanson163

Swanson163

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Yep icon. Important not to skip the upper control arm. You may pop the stock ball joint out with the little bit of lift and increased articulation. Trail boss may have already addressed it with the factory lift. There are a couple of stops that you’ll want to remove that’ll allow for more suspension travel as well if you have struts and control arms that can do it. AND, what a difference in ride, even just on the street. Whole different truck.
Yep. Already done. Cognito level kit is made for trail boss and comes with new upper control arms.