Gary
Last Name
Wilkes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WI1KES
Service Branch
Army National Guard
Wife just let me know she was able to get the Friday off. We're in. I see the Comms is set for 146.460. Please confirm. Thanks

Reactions: Offroadtails

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Wife just let me know she was able to get the Friday off. We're in. I see the Comms is set for 146.460. Please confirm. Thanks
For now I only have a 2m/70 cm radio, if all goes well I will also have GRMS in the new ride I am should be picking up this week. I thought about naming the truck stormtrooper.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Looking for a head count for this trip. There will be a few kids on this trip as well. I know there are a few people coming from points south of Sacramento, I believe that Hwy 108 maybe a better route to take for those coming from Livermore/Modesto area. Please be in Bridgeport at the shell Station around noon. More to come soon.

Reactions: Coachjj3

Darth Rver

Rank III

Contributor III

Oakley, CA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Wilkes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WI1KES
Service Branch
Army National Guard
Looking for a head count for this trip. There will be a few kids on this trip as well. I know there are a few people coming from points south of Sacramento, I believe that Hwy 108 maybe a better route to take for those coming from Livermore/Modesto area. Please be in Bridgeport at the shell Station around noon. More to come soon.
2 adults.

Jeep n Joe

Rank V

Advocate III

Stanislaus County, California, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Vona
Member #

2 adults, 2 kids, and a small dog. We are taking a small off-road trailer.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
For those in the Sacramento area, tomorrow at 1830 hours a few of us will meet up at Nick the Greek restaurant in Elk Grove. The restaurant is located west of the Costco. Please join me.

Thank you,

Markus

Reactions: Advtres

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Good evening, I finally got a route built in Gaia and need to figure out how to upload it to you all. We did have one person cancel so another spot has opened up.

For those coming from the Sacramento area, I did some more checking and with Hwy 108 now open it routes us along that route instead of Hwys 50/88/89. I would like for everyone to meet up at the Galt Raley’s gas station by 8 am, so we can head south to Hwy 4 and get to the Safeway/Chevron gas station in Sanora by 10 am. Here we will meet up with the people coming from the Modesto/Bay area. We will also top off our tanks before heading over the summit. The Shell station in Bridgeport is currently @ $6.60 for regular. We should arrive here around noon. There is a burger place if you want to grab anything hot. After topping off our tanks we will head to the mine and spend some time exploring. Please take note, there are ticks and rattlesnakes around. Take precautions. Then we will head to the remains of the town of Masonic and set up camp. Should be a great place to star gaze, very little light pollution. Temperatures should be in the mid 80’s for a high to mid 50’s for a low. No chance of rain, but be prepared.

Saturday, leave by 8:15 am to get to Bodie by 9:15/9:30 am. This Saturday is Bodie day, please go to the Bodie Foundation website for more information. Lots of activities going in, it will be busy. There is a entery fee like all State Parks, please bring cash, makes it a bit easier. We will plan on spending about three hours there, have lunch, and then head out for Mono lake.

Plan is to go on the east side of the lake to get to our campsite, but we can go to the visitor center and pick up some information and hit some hiking trails. There is dispersed camping on the south side of the lake. If you want to join that night in a pot luck that would be awesome. Make your favorite dish. More on this in the next couple of days.

Sunday, break camp and head home.

Thank you and see you Friday,

V/R

Markus