Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am hopping that this appointment helps get some stuff done in the US West. And you never know it might expand further.
PWORA Post Wildfire OHV Recovery alliance is a non profiit that is dedicated to restoring off road tracks after a forest fire.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PWORA is proud and honored to welcome Kent Reynolds to the Board of Directors.
Kent currently works for Overland Bound as their Executive Director. One of his main responsibilities is to oversee the Trail Guardian program conducting numerous projects for the National Park Service and the USDA Forest Service each year.
He has 50+ years of off-roading, 4-wheeling, camping, and overlanding experience.
Kent retired as a Fire Chief for the Gold Ridge Fire District in Sonoma County and worked for the USFS for several seasons after retirement in OR.
He also brings experience to PWORA as a General Building contractor for 30 years (on his days off when not being a fireman).
Kent lives in El Dorado, El Dorado County, with his wife, Lucy, and 3 dogs. Notably, Kent started the Sierra Foothills Overlanders in 2017, the group that has adopted the Long Canyon Trail in the El Dorado NF. The trail was closed after the Caldoor fire in 2021, and Overland Bound used its Trail Guardian program to work on the trail and get it back open for OHV use.
Please join us in saying Welcome Aboard!
May be an image of 1 person

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Congratulations, Kent. Could you please tell us a little bit more about what you do at PWORA? Or is there a link where we can read about projects PWORA does, please? Presumably members in North America know the organisation and what they are doing well. But I imagine it would be of interest to members on other continents as well. Thank you!

Reactions: Sclary3 and Advtres

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Sorry about that, it dropped for some reason probably when I cropped it.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thanks for the link. This is really very interesting. Great work and great that there are people doing this!

Reactions: Sclary3

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
I am hopping that this appointment helps get some stuff done in the US West. And you never know it might expand further.
PWORA Post Wildfire OHV Recovery alliance is a non profiit that is dedicated to restoring off road tracks after a forest fire.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PWORA is proud and honored to welcome Kent Reynolds to the Board of Directors.
Kent currently works for Overland Bound as their Executive Director. One of his main responsibilities is to oversee the Trail Guardian program conducting numerous projects for the National Park Service and the USDA Forest Service each year.
He has 50+ years of off-roading, 4-wheeling, camping, and overlanding experience.
Kent retired as a Fire Chief for the Gold Ridge Fire District in Sonoma County and worked for the USFS for several seasons after retirement in OR.
He also brings experience to PWORA as a General Building contractor for 30 years (on his days off when not being a fireman).
Kent lives in El Dorado, El Dorado County, with his wife, Lucy, and 3 dogs. Notably, Kent started the Sierra Foothills Overlanders in 2017, the group that has adopted the Long Canyon Trail in the El Dorado NF. The trail was closed after the Caldoor fire in 2021, and Overland Bound used its Trail Guardian program to work on the trail and get it back open for OHV use.
Please join us in saying Welcome Aboard!
May be an image of 1 person
Congratulations Kent.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Congratulations Kent! I can't think of a better choice for the position, Your dedication to land stewardship and off highway travel is much appreciated.

Silver Rover

Rank V

Member III

Montgomery, Texas, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
A little more info about the PWORA Board of Directors. The new Executive Director is a past member of the California State OHV commission and served for eight years. Two of the board members are from off road after market industry: the owner of Genright Offroad and the Co-Founder of Metal Cloak both have served since PWORA became a nonprofit, and both are huge supporters of getting our off road trails re opened. The other board members are from the motorcycle side of OHV, same goal in mind just a different width of track.

One of my mentors Del Albright has been on the board from the start and is one of the founders and the driving force of PWORA. Del is a tireless advocate for maintaining off-road access, he works hard to educate people about our sport. Among other recognitions, Del is also a member of the Off Road Hall Of Fame. @Del Albright #12176
The goal is to have PWORA in a position to help get trails open after any disaster so you never know how far this will go.

Last edited:

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
A little more info about the PWORA Board of Directors. The new Executive Director is a past member of the California State OHV commission and served for eight years. Two of the board members are from off road after market industry: the owner of Genright Offroad and the Co-Founder of Metal Cloak both have served since PWORA became a nonprofit, and both are huge supporters of getting our off road trails re opened. The other board members are from the motorcycle side of OHV, same goal in mind just a different width of track.

One of my mentors Del Albright has been on the board from the start and is one of the founders and the driving force of PWORA. Del is a tireless advocate for maintaining off-road access, he works hard to educate people about our sport. Among other recognitions, Del is also a member of the Off Road Hall Of Fame. @Del Albright #12176
The goal is to have PWORA in a position to help get trails open after any disaster so you never know how far this will go.
Congratulations. I know with your expertise and broad base of knowledge the organization is in good hands.