Central Valley/Central CA Roll Call! Where you from?

• HTML tutorial

gfoster86

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Foster
Member #

This is a INTEREST check before I create a Rally Point. Please look this over and let me know if you will be able to attend?
Memorial Day weekend Wed May 20 - Sun May 24, I think this can be done in 3-4 days, I say lets shoot for Sunday since Monday is a holiday incase we need an extra day, etc.

I created a 115mi OHV map/trail compiled of 5 other trails on "All trails".
I have attached the link to the trail as well as the All trails maps, as their sites show pictures of the route also. I was hoping to do this over Memorial Day weekend Wed May 20 - Sun May 24, I think this can be done in 3-4 days, as its an overall easy trail or roads and not many obstacles. I have never done this trail but with looking on alltrails it looks like pretty much any 4X4 should be able to do this.

I have also attached the GPX & KML files for this route to this email.

1. Link to Built Trail GaiaGPS - Emerald Pools & Bowman Lake Trail
2. Stop #1 Emerald Pools Emerald Pools
3. First leg of trail Bowman Road and Meadow Lake Road to Henness Pass
4. Stop #2 Faucherie Lake Waterfalls Faucherie Lake Waterfalls
5. Second Leg of trail Henness Pass OHV Road
6. Third/last leg of trail Saddleback Mountain Lookout OHV Route

Haven't picked out exact camping spots yet, but i figure we can find on the drive or plan before.

GPX viewer

Attachments

Maddog74

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Lemoore, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Mattingly
Member #

This is a INTEREST check before I create a Rally Point. Please look this over and let me know if you will be able to attend?
Memorial Day weekend Wed May 20 - Sun May 24, I think this can be done in 3-4 days, I say lets shoot for Sunday since Monday is a holiday incase we need an extra day, etc.

I created a 115mi OHV map/trail compiled of 5 other trails on "All trails".
I have attached the link to the trail as well as the All trails maps, as their sites show pictures of the route also. I was hoping to do this over Memorial Day weekend Wed May 20 - Sun May 24, I think this can be done in 3-4 days, as its an overall easy trail or roads and not many obstacles. I have never done this trail but with looking on alltrails it looks like pretty much any 4X4 should be able to do this.

I have also attached the GPX & KML files for this route to this email.

1. Link to Built Trail GaiaGPS - Emerald Pools & Bowman Lake Trail
2. Stop #1 Emerald Pools Emerald Pools
3. First leg of trail Bowman Road and Meadow Lake Road to Henness Pass
4. Stop #2 Faucherie Lake Waterfalls Faucherie Lake Waterfalls
5. Second Leg of trail Henness Pass OHV Road
6. Third/last leg of trail Saddleback Mountain Lookout OHV Route

Haven't picked out exact camping spots yet, but i figure we can find on the drive or plan before.

GPX viewer
Sounds like a hell of a trip!

kooner2k

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

GLADE SPRING, VA, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Koontz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JLT
Welcome Marc, I’m in the NW part of Fresno. We have some good guys in the area. We should be getting together at some point.
Let me know, I am currently waiting on some Rock Sliders and a Camper Shell. Both should be here in 2 or 3 weeks. But I am building up as Igo.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Like to welcome the new guys to OB. I am out of Visalia CA but I camp a lot above Visalia and Fresno but not in Yosemite. Up in shaver, dinky creek, courtright reservoir. Next month I'm going to Monache Meadows again for the holidays. Keep checking the forums for trips members are taking and join in. You'll have a great time. I post in the forums in Overland Trips now and then some of my camping spots. IMG_20200313_165025281_HDR.jpg
Camping on the Mojave Road last month.
now I'm heading inthewoods next.

gfoster86

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Foster
Member #

Anyone possibly free this Sunday? Thinking bout heading up to Blue Canyon Area to hit some trails for the day