mikeD1Esel

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Oahu, Hawaii
First Name
Michael
Last Name
DeSerio
Hey everyone I'm currently stationed in Hawaii and getting ready to move back to the mainland this coming October. I'm planning on shipping my Taco to Cali and then driving to wherever my new duty station will be. I'm hoping for Ohio State as an ROTC instructor, but honestly anywhere near Ohio will work for me. That is close to family and my sisters haven't met my two year old daughter yet so we're trying to get close to family.

My question to you all is should I take a more northern, central, or southern route? I was stationed in Oklahoma before Hawaii so I am somewhat familiar with that region and north Texas. I'm personally thinking a more northern route and heading up through Montana/Wyoming then heading east. I'm going to try and get some mods done like RTT, bed rack, suspension, and tires along the route, but I'm still looking for a shop to get it all done at.

I'll have my wife and 3 children with me so we won't have a lot of luggage or the REAL ability to live on the road for the entire time. Just looking for input on what everyone thinks about "must see"s heading across country.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

What have seen in Cal?
What are your interest?
We have wonderful deserts with great trails, Death Valley. The mountains are insane, Yosemite, the sequoias,
Our beaches are very different than the islands, the lost coast is vary close to pristine, redwoods.
Is there someplace in another state you want to see? Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Arch’s or Monument Valley?
What about Washington or Oregon?

mikeD1Esel

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Oahu, Hawaii
First Name
Michael
Last Name
DeSerio
What have seen in Cal?
What are your interest?
We have wonderful deserts with great trails, Death Valley. The mountains are insane, Yosemite, the sequoias,
Our beaches are very different than the islands, the lost coast is vary close to pristine, redwoods.
Is there someplace in another state you want to see? Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Arch’s or Monument Valley?
What about Washington or Oregon?
I’m honestly just open to hear what everyone else enjoys, I’ll go through and Gaia everything and build a route.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Cool! Oct is a great month in CA. Good weather, less crowded, great sun for photos.
I would start in the Bay Area west and down Hwy 49 and go to Yosemite, you’ll need reservations, south through Sequoia NF for the trees, maybe a night in Mineral King. West via 58 and go through Death Valley or drive the Mojave road. Next up is Zion and Bryce Moab, and Monument Valley some Indian ruins along the way. Plenty of dirt roads alone the way, the reason there are Nat’l parks is to preserve the place for the public to enjoy not create a tourist trap.
You could go north from Brice to Yellowstone and the Tetons also.

Reactions: mikeD1Esel