Rank V

Builder I

Orangevale, Sacramento County, California, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Watt
Member #

If anyone has had an issue with or just want to remove Cascadia 4x4 hood solar panel great way to separate panel from hood is by using 50 pound test fishing line, works wonderfully. Attached one side of string to my ditch light if no ditch lights use a helper, then on other side I used a nut driver and wrapped the fishing line multiple times around the tool then proceeded to pull with some force to cut the 3M tape. This works best if hood is warmed in the sun a bit. I do have a video of me uninstalling solar panel on my Instagram @ iron.t4r it might be more helpful if needed.

Attachments

Brad_b59c17

Rank V

Advocate III

Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon, United States
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Smith
Member #

If anyone has had an issue with or just want to remove Cascadia 4x4 hood solar panel great way to separate panel from hood is by using 50 pound test fishing line, works wonderfully. Attached one side of string to my ditch light if no ditch lights use a helper, then on other side I used a nut driver and wrapped the fishing line multiple times around the tool then proceeded to pull with some force to cut the 3M tape. This works best if hood is warmed in the sun a bit. I do have a video of me uninstalling solar panel on my Instagram @ iron.t4r it might be more helpful if needed.
This is a great tip, we use this a lot to remove emblems and any other “stuck on” item

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Can I ask why you removed it? I was looking at this . What are your opinions on this set up? Thanks, Joel

Watt_iron

Rank V

Builder I

Orangevale, Sacramento County, California, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Watt
Member #

Can I ask why you removed it? I was looking at this . What are your opinions on this set up? Thanks, Joel
I removed panel because it wasn’t putting out enough amperage so in return it wasn’t charging my battery. I really like it so far now it has been working really well for a year until my issue. This company has really good customer service Canadian company.
So this is a 90 watt panel but realistically only puts out maybe somewhere in the range of 60+-watts.

Last edited:

JerryBrown

Rank 0

Contributor I

USA
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Brown

Thank you for the tip, I appreciate you. Hey students, if you need some help with your assignments, you've come to the right place! Check out this article on Europeanbusinessreview about the 5 best assignment helper websites out there. We can all help each other out by sharing this great resource that makes our academic lives easier. I would like to express my gratitude to my friend for recommending this article to me.
Thank you for the tip, I appreciate you.

Last edited: