Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

There is other spots along 1800 after Bumping camp ground but none of them are all that good, there is some up off of Deep Creek Rd but they are all close to the rd and it gets a lot of traffic going up to Copper City. Up close to the end of 1809 is Granite lake and there is a camp ground up there that is pretty awesome but the road going up is terrible (super rocky and slow, but not fun rocks) and really would only be good to camp at if you were planning to stay up there all weekend. But there is plenty up there that is good so I'm not too worried if our first spot is taken.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’m getting excited for this trip... wish Kallie would last us take the Bronco... working on winch install and power steering swap right now... if I feel ambitious I might even do the alternator upgrade this weekend too.

Reactions: reaver

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

It should be a good time, there is no shortage of trails to run in that area. Also plenty of hiking, places to fish and there's the lake if people just want to go hang out. Thursday night at camp we can talk more about trails and where we all want to go, what I threw out for runs was just an idea. The area has everything from gravel forest service roads to stuff requiring big tires and lockers all depends on what people want to run.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
This sounds like a great run Dustin... I’m sure we will have fun no matter what we all decide to do.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I have been monitoring this. It looks like I will probably make it.
Nice, it'll be fun to see the big full size in action again. Did you find something to keep you busy around here or is it looking like you might have to go to Portland still?

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Nice, it'll be fun to see the big full size in action again. Did you find something to keep you busy around here or is it looking like you might have to go to Portland still?
I have been running my equipment trailer. I get a load a week on average. So, as long as I can do that I can scrape by.
0717201139_HDR.jpg
An Overlander pulling 22K! Pretty cool in my opinion.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I have been running my equipment trailer. I get a load a week on average. So, as long as I can do that I can scrape by.
View attachment 164038
An Overlander pulling 22K! Pretty cool in my opinion.
You got a 5th wheel on that thing? You can come out to the farm and I'll hook you up to one of our 53' Spud trailers... might make her grunt a little

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
You got a 5th wheel on that thing? You can come out to the farm and I'll hook you up to one of our 53' Spud trailers... might make her grunt a little
I've got a gooseneck I have yet to install. Don't really have room to pull off the rack to run a 5th wheel.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I haven't check yet, when I was up there 2 weeks ago there wasn't any. We'll be camped at around 3,800' so it should still be pretty green. Last time I was up there I ran into snow about 5 miles from where we'll be camping.

Reactions: M Rose

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

On side note, just got some more suspension work done! New adjustable upper and lower CA's, 3/4" leveling spacer, new bushings in the front and sway bar disconnects.
20200724_182902.jpg
I got the adjustable ca's in hopes of pushing the axle forward a little so the 33's didn't rub the back, but apparently lengthening them 1" over stock was too much. Now I rub some in the front and clear the back with room to spare. Should be good enough for this trip though, I don't see us doing anything that would require me to disconnect the sway bar... unless you guys want to get silly on some trails.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
On side note, just got some more suspension work done! New adjustable upper and lower CA's, 3/4" leveling spacer, new bushings in the front and sway bar disconnects.
View attachment 164085
I got the adjustable ca's in hopes of pushing the axle forward a little so the 33's didn't rub the back, but apparently lengthening them 1" over stock was too much. Now I rub some in the front and clear the back with room to spare. Should be good enough for this trip though, I don't see us doing anything that would require me to disconnect the sway bar... unless you guys want to get silly on some trails.
Looks nice Dustin. We won’t be getting silly, almost stock 04 4Runner... this will be her maiden voyage :D
Maybe we can talk @KRose into driving

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Looks nice Dustin. We won’t be getting silly, almost stock 04 4Runner... this will be her maiden voyage :D
Maybe we can talk @KRose into driving
There is a couple of spots we'll be going through that are perfect for a newbie to get some practice on. All passable in 2wd but there is rocks/ruts and tree roots so it gives them a chance to work on picking good lines. My wife was driving through them last time up and had fun, I might just have her be my off road uber for this trip.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’m very very excited for this trip. I have all kinds of new gear to test out. An Electric Fridge, Gazelle T4 Plus, Kelty Double Sleeping Bag, and Kelty Double sleeping pad, along with @KRose 4Runner.
We have done a few FS roads in the 4Runner; but haven’t actually loaded it up with gear and been gone for a few days yet.

I need to figure out a way to strap stuff to the top safely as it looks the back is going to get full quickly.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I’m very very excited for this trip. I have all kinds of new gear to test out. An Electric Fridge, Gazelle T4 Plus, Kelty Double Sleeping Bag, and Kelty Double sleeping pad, along with @KRose 4Runner.
We have done a few FS roads in the 4Runner; but haven’t actually loaded it up with gear and been gone for a few days yet.

I need to figure out a way to strap stuff to the top safely as it looks the back is going to get full quickly.
If you're looking at roof baskets check out the Rola on Amazon, thats what I have with the extension and for the price it's pretty decent.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
If you're looking at roof baskets check out the Rola on Amazon, thats what I have with the extension and for the price it's pretty decent.

That’s awfully small... the tent and awning both measure 6.5 feet packed up... but it does look like a good product. @KRose wants a specific rack... as it will allow the sunroof to still open and has mounts for a light bar.