Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I'm about to make a southern coastal run into NB from NH. Now hat Canada is back to normal open, I'm looking forward to continuing exploring. You folks setup a meet/camp I'm in!
We'e headed back first of October and hope to catch some foliage! I know for North Country (backwoods) NH, end of September is the latest you want to be there or you miss it. Front country (tourist area) run for nearly another month.. Will I be too late in lower NB for foliage?

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I am after seeing lots of Overland rigs this year in Newfoundland. Anyone from here? I talked to a couple of couples who were at wing'n'it in Grand Falls-Windsor. They were from Nova Scotia and stopped there for supper. I was getting some stuff from M&M and just had a quick hello. I was driving our white patriot.

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I am after seeing lots of Overland rigs this year in Newfoundland. Anyone from here? I talked to a couple of couples who were at wing'n'it in Grand Falls-Windsor. They were from Nova Scotia and stopped there for supper. I was getting some stuff from M&M and just had a quick hello. I was driving our white patriot.
We have plans to head up in mid-May from NH. Looking to drive the Trans Lab Highway and cross at Blanc Sablon. I figure it would be 1st of June as we pass your hometown. Hoping to get some trout fishing in while there. I contacted a couple guides and they're telling me it's still too early! Your thoughts?

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
We have plans to head up in mid-May from NH. Looking to drive the Trans Lab Highway and cross at Blanc Sablon. I figure it would be 1st of June as we pass your hometown. Hoping to get some trout fishing in while there. I contacted a couple guides and they're telling me it's still too early! Your thoughts?
So are you heading east to St. John's on your trip? Early June may be a little to early for fishing but hey....our weather has changed so maybe that will help. But I have gone fishing in the winter/summer etc and caught during all seasons. let me know as it gets closer if we are around we can meet you at badger maybe and take you on the red Indian lake loop. It will burn most of a day but it's true all back country roads and scenery!

Reactions: RJ Howell

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

So are you heading east to St. John's on your trip? Early June may be a little to early for fishing but hey....our weather has changed so maybe that will help. But I have gone fishing in the winter/summer etc and caught during all seasons. let me know as it gets closer if we are around we can meet you at badger maybe and take you on the red Indian lake loop. It will burn most of a day but it's true all back country roads and scenery!
Would love that and I shall! Plan is to work east along the north coast, down and west exploring and possibly exiting south to NS. Should be on the Rock for a month, if all goes to plan.. Been planning out a bit.

Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 7.39.47 AM.png