Resolved Can we change/tune the "frequency" filtering?

• HTML tutorial

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
Ok, Dev Team is not able to duplicate the issue and in fact I can not either. They are suspecting your net connections but they are now checking into the firewall and other logs. Will post more when I am told.....
I mean, the screenshot I attached proves it's OB's web firewall service that is doing it. The dev's IPs may be whitelisted which will prevent them from being impacted as well.

I was able to make it happen by opening roughly 8 tabs of OB pages in about 8 seconds. I was then blocked by the OB web firewall for 15 minutes. The web firewall is a 3rd party service external to OB's web instances.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I mean, the screenshot I attached proves it's OB's web firewall service that is doing it. The dev's IPs may be whitelisted which will prevent them from being impacted as well.

I was able to make it happen by opening roughly 8 tabs of OB pages in about 8 seconds. I was then blocked by the OB web firewall for 15 minutes. The web firewall is a 3rd party service external to OB's web instances.
Exactly. The dev team needs to duplicate from non-whitelisted IPs/subnets. @DRAX did the heavy-lifting showing it's the web firewall (as opposed to forum software), which also proves it's not my connection (or his).

-TJ

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
From Dev Team: I’ve made an adjustment for this issue. Please let us know if this is reported again.
Clear Cache and reboot.

Jim

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
I just ran into this issue about 20 minutes ago. After opening about 5 pages in new tabs the next page load spun for a while and then I received a "This site can't be reached" error because the site too too long to respond. A few minutes later when I tried to visit the site I saw a "Access Denied - Securi Website Firewall" page.

The ~5 pages were opened a few seconds apart, so I am surprised this rate of traffic caused the IDS to temporarily block my IP. I have screenshots of both errors if they would help.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Ok will report it. Thank you.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

From Dev Team: I’ve made an adjustment for this issue. Please let us know if this is reported again.
Clear Cache and reboot.

Jim
Awesome, thanks! I just tested and the issue still exists, but it seems like a higher threshold (my non-scientific testing says it was raised to 10 concurrent connections/tabs).

-TJ

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I just ran into this issue about 20 minutes ago. After opening about 5 pages in new tabs the next page load spun for a while and then I received a "This site can't be reached" error because the site too too long to respond. A few minutes later when I tried to visit the site I saw a "Access Denied - Securi Website Firewall" page.

The ~5 pages were opened a few seconds apart, so I am surprised this rate of traffic caused the IDS to temporarily block my IP. I have screenshots of both errors if they would help.
Can you post the screen shots please.....

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
From the brains: I do have a ticket open with the provider of the firewall software and I think I know what is causing the issue (though not how to solve, yet). the screenshots will be useful for troubleshooting and for verification, assuming we can get a fix in place, so that we can monitor whether the specific issue occurs again

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Another update: I have two more modifications in place so now we will observe again

SO give it a try please.....

Thanks for your patience guys!

Jim

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Another update: I have two more modifications in place so now we will observe again

SO give it a try please.....

Thanks for your patience guys!

Jim
Interestingly, it seems to have gotten a bit worse, at least in specific scenarios. I went back to an old thread and just tried to open 2 additional tabs of images in the thread, and hit the wall.

-TJ

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
TJ what thread was it that did that?

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Also guys, take screenshots, do not block out anything (i.p.) and PM them to me so I can give to the dev team. They are seeing 1 and only 1 case of the host blocking anyone and it is coming in as a BOT.

Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Ok been fixed......Thank you.

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
It seems like the firewall has become more strict again. Several times in the last few days I've opened ~5 tabs in somewhat quick succession and then gotten locked out of the site for 10-15 min, which is pretty annoying.

Reactions: KonzaLander

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
WE also have been under attack and that firewall is saving us.... We might need to adjust to it.

Jim

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

It seems like the firewall has become more strict again. Several times in the last few days I've opened ~5 tabs in somewhat quick succession and then gotten locked out of the site for 10-15 min, which is pretty annoying.
Same here.

WE also have been under attack and that firewall is saving us.... We might need to adjust to it.

Jim
Interesting. What is the attack vector? Does it manifest as similar Layer 5 ports/protocols as opening lots of tabs?

-TJ