Weirs Beach, Laconia, NH, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG768
was driving thru helen, ga 2 days ago and stopped at a liquor store and saw this....the wife said "it sounds good. get it". went out to the parking lot and we both took a sip and now im stuck with it. what does one use as a mixer for peanut butter whiskey?? :expressionless:

View attachment 182354
If it was me, I'd just dump it in the parking lot and call it a lesson learned.

Reactions: Speric

Elgavo

Rank I

Traveler I

Murrieta, CA, USA
First Name
Gavin
Last Name
Bortles
Member #

It is just me or have the Whiskey choices significantly gotten better over the last decade? My buddies and I started getting into Whistle Pig this past year. So may choices... so little time...

Reactions: JeepingMike

RockZ

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rocklin CA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Johnson
was driving thru helen, ga 2 days ago and stopped at a liquor store and saw this....the wife said "it sounds good. get it". went out to the parking lot and we both took a sip and now im stuck with it. what does one use as a mixer for peanut butter whiskey?? :expressionless:

View attachment 182354
Jelly??? JK... I received a little bottle of PB whiskey for Christmas and I'm gonna stick with the real stuff ;) Fun for a sip but not much more. 4 Roses has been a fav for a while. Blended is $20..Single barrel for special occasions is $43. Jeep responsively ;)

Reactions: grubworm

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran

View attachment 182354
Blackberry moonshine - makes an adult PB&J.
PB&J1.jpg

Slolane

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Sunshine State
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Goetzinger
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BUD
Kentucky Bourbons for me.

Woodford, Basil Haden, Elija Craig are good.

Costco has the 1.75 L Woodword reserve for $60!

Reactions: Shayhan27

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

This is a theme near and dear to my heart! I have done the tour of world whiskey having started with bourbon 20 years ago but I have grown weary of chasing (and paying for) the bourbons I used to consider daily drinkers (specifically Elijah Craig 18). I recently did a loop with the scotch and find it pretty dang intriguing with the various areas producing such distinct whisky (the wife loves the massive peat of Ardbeg if you can believe it) but currently am sort of settling into the Irish single pot still preferring Redbreast 12 or Green Spot-both are excellent drinks. For a highly under rated and smooth drinking whisky though I think it is very hard to beat Dewars 15 year-hard to find 15 year whisky for $35 bucks anywhere else and I have found that 15 year is really the sweet spot for me in aged whisky.

Reactions: JeepingMike

Shayhan27

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Castle Rock, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shannon
Last Name
Pervere
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Blantons has been my go to for awhile. I try to keep a mixture in the house because that can become pricy.
On the trail, you can't go wrong with a bottle of Buliet.
I decided to splurge on the photo, and as I thought while it is tasty, I should have bought more overland gear lol.

Attachments

Reactions: AutomaticBluez

DharmaBum

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Denver, Colorado, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Sniezak
Member #

I was recently in the TX visiting family and my brother-in-law gifted a bottle of Garrison Brothers TX bourbon whiskey. I enjoyed it on my way home through Big Bend, Lincoln NF, and AZ. I was pleasantly impressed! Very smooth and flavorful. (Image taken from website.)

Attachments