Camping around Lake Powell

• HTML tutorial

point_of_impact

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

US
Member #

Calling on AZ folks for more recommendations. I'm heading back out to your great state. This time to visit Lake Powell and Anrelope Canyon. Any recommendations on decent camp spots around the Page area? I would prefer to stay away from developed campgrounds. Considering Lone Rock beach but read something about onboard porta potty requirements?.....any advice would be great. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T818V using OB Talk mobile app

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Calling on AZ folks for more recommendations. I'm heading back out to your great state. This time to visit Lake Powell and Anrelope Canyon. Any recommendations on decent camp spots around the Page area? I would prefer to stay away from developed campgrounds. Considering Lone Rock beach but read something about onboard porta potty requirements?.....any advice would be great. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T818V using OB Talk mobile app

I am pretty sure that Lone Rock has a couple restroom facilities. It is primitive in that there is no roads or designated spots, that I am aware of, but there are some basic facilities. I've only seen the area from a boat on the water but I would be really surprised if all those camp sites had their own restrooms.

When I went and did Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe bend, I just followed a set of power lines out and once I found a nice pull off spot behind a big rock formation, I called it good and camped. I was really very close to town but felt secluded.

Reactions: point_of_impact