Campfire Defender

• HTML tutorial

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

my wife & I nomads & like to disperse camp in deep in the national forest & BLM lands . One thing always sits in the back of "my" mind when leaving a camp fire burning down unattended while sleeping (I'm sure you know what I mean about the fire burning down).
Drowning a camp fire with water makes it tough to restart the following day. I purchase this item as a peace of mind & insurance not having the worries of a camp fire burn down & the possibilities of getting out of control while sleeping by popping embers, or the wind that comes up while sleeping.

You can actually this Campfire Defender as a was to direct the heat of your camp fire too.

Last edited:

Lost in Texas

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lubbock, Texas
Member #

I've watched this product and have been interested in it for the same reason. Wondered if it was worth the price. IT would need to last a while to recoup your expense.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ill be hard to convince on this one. Would like to hear from someone that uses it.

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

I just got one also, really the same reason. I don't want to be that person that started a forest fire, here is California this is a huge issue with winds that can come out of nowhere. So far things of note. 1. it is heavy and is not compact. 2. it is made of some type of fiberglass material, and they want you to use gloves to handle it. I need to take see how this works out. 3. It comes with side stakes and a center stake, these are heavy. These appear to be for options, such as to keep the coals going all night. It remains to be seen if that will ever get used, and worth the extra portage weight. 4. What I really want is something to toss over the fire and walk away, I will report back regarding how easy that will be.

Reactions: ArkansasDon

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
my wife & I nomads & like to disperse camp in deep in the national forest & BLM lands . One thing always sits in the back of "my" mind when leaving a camp fire burning down unattended while sleeping (I'm sure you know what I mean about the fire burning down).
Drowning a camp fire with water makes it tough to restart the following day. I purchase this item as a peace of mind & insurance not having the worries of a camp fire burn down & the possibilities of getting out of control while sleeping by popping embers, or the wind that comes up while sleeping.

You can actually this Campfire Defender as a was to direct the heat of your camp fire too.

What does Smoky the Bear think of it. Have you talked to any forestry managers about it. We spend most of the camping season in Arizona in Fire Restrictions. As dry as it has been this winter I would not be surprised if they shut us out of the public lands all together this summer.

If this is a product that would allow for us to extend the camping season just a little bit longer I'd be very interested! I have a propane fire pit but it is just not the same.

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app