Member III

Lexington, Kentucky
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Lamar
Member #

Hey guys,

I thought I'd start and share a build thread upon the suggestion of a member. My current truck is a 2007 F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4. I've owned the truck for about five years, but really only started modifying the suspension within the last year. I love what I've seen from everyone in the Build Threads section and this will probably pale in comparison to what some of you are working on, but I thought i'd join in on the fun.

InkedIMG_3142_LI.jpg
Here's my old man truck as it currently sits.

Current mods:
-2.5-inch Rancho Quik-Lift Coilovers
3-inch MotoFab rear blocks (steel, not polyurethane)
-275/70r18 BFG A/T KO2s (33-inch)
-MBRP exhaust
-PowerStop drilled and slotted rotors

Planned Mods:
-Warn winch (with hidden winch mount)
-Replace stock running boards with rock sliders
-Replace tonneau with ARE or Leer full Camper top (should make storing and loading gear much easier)
-Any suggestions from fellow outdoorsmen/overlanders on here!

IMG_2275.JPG IMG_1804.JPG
The stock setup that lasted way too long, but hey, life gets in the way of plans sometimes. Better late than never I suppose. I eventually got around to modifying the suspension out of necessity.
IMG_2924.JPG
A broken coil and a couple of worn out ball joints led to a shopping spree of front suspension components (upper and lower control arms from Moog along with the Rancho coilovers).

IMG_2934.JPG IMG_1804.JPG
One of the few photos of the carnage. Anyone replacing the lower control arms on one of these trucks (04-08), be forewarned, the plastic bushings surrounding the camber bolts tend to break free from the metal sleeve within it due to it seizing to the cam bolt. PITA to get out if that happens.

IMG_3141.JPG
And here we are, truck rides and handles better on and off road than the day I drove off the lot with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: #4692 and tsingson