Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
We've been using this coleman grill for about 6 years now I think. We have 2 flat tops and 2 grill grates. It's a little big, but it's nice to have options. Now on our upcoming trip (will be our first "overlanding" trip) we will probably leave this one at home and grab a $50 coleman 2 burner since it's a lot smaller, and all our meals will be one pot or skillet. It will be nice to have options anyway. Then if we go with a group we can make bigger meals with both.

The most I've paid for a Coleman gas stove yet is $25 for my three burner and $5 of that was to buy the guys who grabbed it for me a beer. I even managed to grab an old Sears for $5 (1970 model) that just needed the pump cup oiled and it ran! I've used it a couple times camping. Be patient and browse FB, Craigslist and other classifieds. They are simple units and you can get nice ones for under $20 that may just need a bit of feddlin to get back in shape.

I currently have 4. A 400 Peak1, the smaller Sears two bruner, a Powerhouse two burner and the three burner. I passed on a JC Higgins for $15 and I'm hoping I can get back before it's gone, if for nothing else to grab it for a Coleman gear buddy of mine.

Reactions: Ripley1046

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Fixed bagel bites on my 414 Powerhouse two burner this evening. It was my first time using the oven though. I think they turned out quite good though. It started getting dark so I decided to fire my 50s 228E lantern to provide the light to cook by as well.

It'll take more practice to get them perfect and I think I'm going to add a piece of plate metal in the bottom to help it heat more evenly.

20180221_182224.jpg

Waino

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle
Member #

I use a Jetboil for hiking. Had been using Coleman 2-burner stoves for the last 35 years, but just got a new Partner Steel 18" stove. A little spendy but a great upgrade if you are already carrying propane. Super hot, and indestructible.

StoneyJeanz

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Little
Member #

I have packed around the MSR whisper Lite everywhere. but we do dried food a lot on long trips, so often enough it is just boil water. Other than that Coleman 2 burner white gas, kind of clunky but it works.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

I've had a coleman two burner white gas that's been in the family for 50 years now, I bought a 424 for myself at a garage sale after I moved out. It's great, but I've added a few things to it to supplement it. As purchased it will fun on white gas or unleaded which is fine, but every so often it's a bit fiddly especially if the wife wants to make coffee before I get up. She wanted a propane stove after seeing how much easier it was to light a propane coleman our friends had. . . That led to me finding a propane converter, so now my 424 can run on all three fuels which is a solid win in my book. So i'm still in cheap for the stove, adapter, and the oven.

http://a.co/d/1VRpGse

Reactions: RyanC

ethan1911

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Strafford Missouri
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Hand
Member #

6B3E2238-C50B-4682-BBA0-F0239FE77165.jpeg I was just given my great grandfathers coleman 426d. My father said it hasn’t been used in 20 years. Once I oiled the pump it’s fires right up. I’m looking forward to getting out and using it soon.

Overland Rich

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA
Member #

We have three depending on what we are doing. Most times we will either be on our 3 burner cook partner stove or our old school 2 burner Coleman. If we are going lite then we have an old MSR whisperlite that we use. All three are great and reliable but I like the cook partner best, it's just bullet proof.

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Since May of this year, we have been cooking on a the Camp Chef Everest 2 Burner stove and it has been great. It is paired with the little green cans which are easy to deal with and the burners fire from low to high. Boils water like my home stove! We just picked up a TemboTusk Skottle grill with all the accessories and we’re really excited to cook on it. Learned about it at Overland Expo West this year. I drove over to the TemboTusk headquarters in Fullerton and got the grand tour from Jerry, the founder, and he gave me all the tips to get started. He sold out of his cook books, so I’m waiting either for the reprint or maybe finding one on Craigs List, EBay, or an Overland swap meet. If you don’t know about the Skottle....YouTube it. They say we’ll fall in love with it and leave the Camp Chef at home! Can’t wait to cook sausage and eggs one morning soon!!! Cheers and good luck [emoji1360]