louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
What do those with electric chain saws recommend for length? I'm looking at a 12" or 16" model. $100 difference in cost. Don't want to pay for more than I'll realistically need. New to all this so don't have much background to pull from.
i do a lot of woodworking and wood hunting...have 6 different chainsaws including a 14" battery operated. the 14" is very good and i use it a lot. if i had to pick 12 or 16 for traveling, i'd go 12" and use the $100 savings for a spare blade and battery
12" is pretty good. cutting around a piece means that a 12" blade will prob cut thru a 18" log pretty easy. should be plenty good for most stuff youll encounter plus its smaller and easier to store.

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Having seen the Dewalt saw in action ( with only a 12 inch blade) I was impressed :hushed: and now have it as part of our kit.
Of course the bigger battery is recommended, but it chewed through timber like a beaver on holiday..
. dewalt.jpg

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Having seen the Dewalt saw in action ( with only a 12 inch blade) I was impressed :hushed: and now have it as part of our kit.
Of course the bigger battery is recommended, but it chewed through timber like a beaver on holiday..
. View attachment 227814
Project Farm did an electric chainsaw comparison and the Dewalt came out on top. I’m already invested in M18 tools so…

FrankenWagon

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Northern Colorado
First Name
Al
Last Name
Miller
Member #

I use the same buck saw. Everything comes apart and fits inside the long handle. It's light and compact enough to hike with it and I've cut down trees to 10ish inch diameter for both firewood and trail clearing.

Also carry a hatchet.

Reactions: Ubiety