Camp Priorities

• HTML tutorial

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

camp priorities? being organized & good moral stature. Safety is this. The wife & I are nomads, we camp by ourselves & adventure by our selves. We choose places were others do not go & like our privacy , that is why we like disperse camping. I own a business in the firearm industry & deal with the public, my wife is in the medical field, we need our peace of mind & quiet heart. This "for us" is only achieved being nomads & enjoying mother nature & what she have bestowed before us. We like a few totties ourselves around the camp fire after supper, but we do not make booze a priority.

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

1. Scout the site to make sure I'm staying there.
2. inReach check-in to my wife or whomever might be coming to meet me.
3. Find or make a level spot and setup the tent.
4. Commence drinking, deploy tables and and chairs, setup for cooking, and prep to build a fire.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

whistlepunk

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bend, Oregon, USA
First Name
DAVID
Last Name
LAVINSKI
Member #

As soon as we pick the spot i like to get everything set up as soon as possible. I have found the hard way that time seems to slip by to quick in cam and all of a sudden it is dark. Get it done early then no worries- perfect for beer time

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

JimInBC

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

1. Check site, for suitability, animal sign, etc.
2. Pee
3. Just me and I have range text wife to let her know all is good.
2. Pitch tent, if it is just me it is a little thing if it is the family it is a small building. If son is with me. he sets up the inside of the tent. This configuration varies with length of stay and how many of us.
3. tarp or dining room. this depends on season, length of time at site, purpose of trip.
4. since it is usually later in the day set up kitchen.
4a. if not in the day, go explore, paddle swim, photograph.
5. living room: chairs, fire etc.
6. If I am there a longer time and it is a photo trip, set up electricity.
7. Secure site from animal incursions.

Each trip is a little different depending on where, time of year, is it raining, will it rain, did it rain. Everyone has their tasks within the steps. My son as he gets older expands what he can do, but if his bike is with us, he usually exploring as soon as we stop.

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Every ones got priorities while out on the trial. Some of mine are:

1. Healthy natural stash of food
2. 5 star chef from Del Friscos
3. Napkin for my lap as I sit around the camp fire eating my 12oz. fillet minion

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
As my screen name implies, we overland for happy hour. [emoji41] So after checking the camp spot, we crank up the RTT, get out the chairs, start a fire (wood or propane depending on area), set up the kitchen, explore a bit, take pics, then toast the days journey, make dinner, then toast the great meal we just consumed.