Rank IV

Enthusiast III

California, St. Mary's County, Maryland, United States
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Trombley
Member #

Had an absolute blast on my first overnight trip at Canaan Valley. The ZR2 handled it without a sweat and I really appreciated having my buddy in his 80 Series show me the ropes of camping.

These photos and more will be posted on my IG: @_roads_untraveled_

Attachments

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Not super "overlanding" since it was at a semi-developed BLM site, but I took the Xterra and ground tent out for a quick one this weekend:
1668468276264.png
1668468300354.png
My other rig is at home in Vegas but I was stuck in Palo Alto for the weekend but still wanted to get out.

-TJ

rtexpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Treloyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK7VWK
I thought this photo was worthy of this thread.
It's a unique view of a campsite
We were running HAM radio comms for 100-mile (160km) equestrian event in NE Tasmania.
We needed to wait sometime between horses so I decided to sort out the contents of the Kombi on the red tarpaulin. the Suzuki driver (with trailier) and also a drone pilot did similarly.
The blue barrels are for watering horses
And you see the top of my head.
.VW_from_above.jpg

Equestrian_campsite.jpg

AT4OB

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Connecticut, United States
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Selden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTS423
Service Branch
Army

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Rented a cabin in the woods of the Texas Hill Country for the week. Although it rained every day we were there, the whole family had a great time. Cooking Thanksgiving dinner (London broil, veal sausage, chicken fajitas) over an open fire was a big hit.

IMAG2416.jpgIMAG2417.jpgIMAG2431.jpgIMAG2432.jpg

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Rented a cabin in the woods of the Texas Hill Country for the week. Although it rained every day we were there, the whole family had a great time. Cooking Thanksgiving dinner (London broil, veal sausage, chicken fajitas) over an open fire was a big hit.

View attachment 245930View attachment 245931View attachment 245933View attachment 245934
I love the cabin, we've been trying to get away for Thanksgiving for years, but it also falls right in or around my wife's birthday each year. The kids are a little older now, so maybe next year.