Winchester, Riverside County, California, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Whelan
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello everyone, I'm hoping some of you out there has some recommendations for camera to be installed on my truck and off-road trailer. Specifically what i'm looking for is a camera that can pair via bluetooth with an iPhone or iPad. I'm wanting to place one camera on the grille of my truck and another on the rear of my trailer (18 ft.). I'm not worried about power source but would like to be able to toggle between cameras on an app. I've already ruled out the garmin due to it only pairing with garmin devices. I've looked high and low and I'm not seeing anything promising. Hopefully somebody out there has a recommendation. Thanks

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Are you using the cameras for high quality video capture or are you just needing something that acts like a rear view mirror and upfront trail spot cam?

SCUBAW

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Winchester, Riverside County, California, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Whelan
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Are you using the cameras for high quality video capture or are you just needing something that acts like a rear view mirror and upfront trail spot cam?
Just to use for trail purposes. My truck’s hood blocks a lot on the trail especially when cresting hills and for backing on the trail for my Opus trailer

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

On Amazon there are a number of products like this:

Camera Monitor

Some support up to 4 cameras, etc.

I use a rear view mirror replacement similar to this:

Rearview Camera

I have my rear cargo area full to the roof which blocks the normal mirror. With this I have a full view without any obstructions.

You may want to find a wired solution as you don’t need to change or charge batteries for each camera all the time.

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
I have front and rear facing Garmin cameras. The front is a Dash Cam 47, the rear is a Mini 2. They are both paired to my Android phone using the Garmin Drive app and are viewable on it.

Beyond that, there are several wireless cameras with monitor combos on Amazon.