Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

I have been wanting to visit all the CA missions (21 missions) for a while now. Today I made the decision that this trip has to happen next year. Now the only issue is time off of work. I can only realistically take off 7 days which would mean I would have to hit 3 missions a day. Now that isn't impossible but at, 3 missions a day it would mean we could only be at each mission an hour or so before having to head to the next one.

I current live in Simi Valley CA so I was thinking king of doing it in two trips. Do all the missions north of me in one trip and then a weekend trip to do the rest that are south of me. The plan is to camp every night along the way as well as document the whole trip.

Wanted to see if anyone else has attempted to do this

-Raul

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I have not But I would totally be down for something like this.. Sounds like a great time. I think splitting the trip into two sections is probably a good idea in order to get a full appreciation of each mission.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I've only been to a few, sounds like a found trip and goal to make

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
I've thought about doing this too. I wanted to trace the original Mission Trail(s). Obviously hwy 101 probably does follow quite a bit of the real route but there are some parts that flank thru the mountains. I think it could be done in a week. You'd be on the move but it could be done. I'd be into making a little expedition out of it.

Reactions: Raul B

Ldixon09

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pauma valley
Member #

I've thought about doing this too. I wanted to trace the original Mission Trail(s). Obviously hwy 101 probably does follow quite a bit of the real route but there are some parts that flank thru the mountains. I think it could be done in a week. You'd be on the move but it could be done. I'd be into making a little expedition out of it.
I'm in 100 % if this happens!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Ldixon09

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pauma valley
Member #

I have been wanting to visit all the CA missions (21 missions) for a while now. Today I made the decision that this trip has to happen next year. Now the only issue is time off of work. I can only realistically take off 7 days which would mean I would have to hit 3 missions a day. Now that isn't impossible but at, 3 missions a day it would mean we could only be at each mission an hour or so before having to head to the next one.

I current live in Simi Valley CA so I was thinking king of doing it in two trips. Do all the missions north of me in one trip and then a weekend trip to do the rest that are south of me. The plan is to camp every night along the way as well as document the whole trip.

Wanted to see if anyone else has attempted to do this

-Raul
Is this trip still a possibility?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Raul B