Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Cajon, Ca
First Name
Cannon
Last Name
Larocque
Member #

My girlfriend and I decided to go to Utah for her birthday. Leaving at 0300 from our home in San Diego we hustled out. Bryce Canyon was our first stop arriving at around 1500. We got lucky and got a really nice campsite for two nights.

This was definitely a comfortable amount of time to see a good amount of the park. During our visit we endured some snow/hail/rain/wind but also had SOME sun. We hiked some of the Navajo trail to the sunrise loop and just taking in some spectacular views!

From Bryce we drove out to Zion National Park.

Let me tell you compared to Bryce Canyon this place is Disneyland there were no campsites available in the park and the rangers informed us that the next closest campground/resort was more than likely full. We showed up at 1200 and there was one site left. YES I know there’s a lot of blm to camp at but for this trip we wanted to be able to camp and walk to the park from where we were. We hiked some of the narrows and ate at Don Pedro’s Mexican Restaurant(food was good and margaritas decently priced) Currently we are still at Zion rv resort/campground looking for something else if ANYONE has suggestions it would be greatly appreciated we are currently looking for something west of where we are I know y’all are really awesome about suggesting cool spots. Looking for maybe some blm camping or a trail or a really cool destination just any good suggestion!

Thanks!

** will post more pictures when I find WiFi so probably when we get home Sunday of Monday y’all can definitely follow us on Instagram @cjadventures_ my girlfriend is better at posting than I am

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

CANNONBALL94

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Cajon, Ca
First Name
Cannon
Last Name
Larocque
Member #

Well too continue we ended up getting out towards Vegas and came across the beaver damn wilderness to find a camp site for the night

IMG_0536.JPG

Found this REALLY COOL SPOT!!!!
IMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG
We also went across the 15 to the virgin river campground and soaked our feet in the river

Unfortunately life happened where we needed service(adult life) so we ended up at the Hilton at Lake Las Vegas(did not know Vegas had a lake?) but we have one more day of travel before back to the daily grind so once again we are open to suggestions!!! Looking for something between Las Vegas and San Diego maybe Wrightwood or Big Bear. Never been to Wrightwood if anyone has any input? Done Big Bear before.
Thanks!

Reactions: JCWages

Vince Rothermund

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Rosa, California, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Rothermund
Member #

Well too continue we ended up getting out towards Vegas and came across the beaver damn wilderness to find a camp site for the night

View attachment 55839

Found this REALLY COOL SPOT!!!!
View attachment 55840

View attachment 55841
We also went across the 15 to the virgin river campground and soaked our feet in the river

Unfortunately life happened where we needed service(adult life) so we ended up at the Hilton at Lake Las Vegas(did not know Vegas had a lake?) but we have one more day of travel before back to the daily grind so once again we are open to suggestions!!! Looking for something between Las Vegas and San Diego maybe Wrightwood or Big Bear. Never been to Wrightwood if anyone has any input? Done Big Bear before.
Thanks!

It is a little further south than Big Bear, but Thomas Mountain is pretty amazing and really close to Idyllwild. It is one of our favorite spots with us living in Temecula.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

CANNONBALL94

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Cajon, Ca
First Name
Cannon
Last Name
Larocque
Member #

So what ended up happening was we called the trip to have another day of rest but thanks y’all!