Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eastern Shore of Maryland
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Malone
Member #

Hello, I'm looking into having a front bumper made for my 2000 GMC Yukon Denali because I simply can't find any aftermarket bumpers for it. I looked into MOVE DIY bumpers, but they couldn't guarantee fitment on the Denali model (Its the same as the 1st gen Escalade). I'm not looking for anything too crazy, just a bumper made of a heavy enough steel that it can take a few bashes, support the weight of the vehicle, be strong enough for recoveries and have a 2" hitch receiver in the center (In case I ever get a winch). If anyone out there is a fabricator or knows about this, how much would you expect something like this to cost? So far I've gotten a quote from a reputable local shop for $950. I know custom fabrication gets expensive fast, so I'm just curious what I should expect to spend?

I don't have a welder or even know how to weld so making it myself is out unfortunately.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
950 is reasonable... I was going to say expect to pay 1,000 and up for a custom bumper... my 2nd gen Ram bumper was 2500.00 but it was a lot of bending of 1.5” 0.25” wall Cold Roll steel tubing, and then plating the framework of the bumper with 18 gauge steel.

I would have them build in a winch cradle now, adding it later would be cost prohibitive.

30B78278-CB80-4A2A-987B-8FE4C80A1B80.jpeg

Reactions: mamalone200

mamalone200

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eastern Shore of Maryland
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Malone
Member #

Your bumper looks really nice, and even more functional. I was just thinking the 2" receiver is cheaper and I could always get one of these. I honestly don't see myself adding a winch anytime soon, but I just wanted to have an option in the future.

Good to see that my local shop seems reasonable. Thank You!

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Thats a hell of a price for a bumper that large with any type of features. Down here your looking at the very least 2k to have a shop do it if you can even find someone willing to. My center bumper/ winch mount from Midwest overland was $799
20200222_145535.jpg

Reactions: mamalone200