jaymar

Rank I

Contributor III

SoCal
First Name
John
Last Name
Marlow
How about one thread where anyone can look up significant + / - weight changes? Sure, you could use corner scales--but that doesn't give you individual component weights. And what if you're in the planning stage and have nothing to weigh? This can help with (for example) choosing a new suspension. Get the weight from the mfr, or weigh it yourself. Guesstimates don't count, and round up to the nearest pound. For example...

ALL WEIGHTS FOR 80 SERIES LAND CRUISER :

ARB Deluxe Bull Bar (non-winch) - 104 lbs / 47 kg
ARB Deluxe Bull Bar (winch) - 113 lbs / 51 kg

Odyssey PC2150 (Group 31) Battery - 78 lbs (x2 = 156 lbs)

I do not know what the oem stock battery was or weighed; would have to know that to calculate weight added to front end / front left. Anyone...?

Snomaster EX67D 66L Fridge/Freezer - 71 lbs / 32 kg
Goose Gear Solo Fridge Slide (XL) - 36 lbs

Goose Gear Base Plate, 2-Drawer Box, 100% 2nd Row Delete - ~225 lbs*

*Okay, I said guesstimates don't count, but this one comes from GG. Has anyone weighed their 80 Series GG system components?

And what about deletions and swaps? What does the third row weigh, with hardware? The second row? Front row power, manual? What do Scheel-Manns and Planted brackets weigh in at? And so on...

Remember that "shipping weights" can be wildly inaccurate because of "dimensional" considerations. And then there are the packing materials (including pallets in some cases).

Feel to weigh in--and don't forget to specify your rig's make/model/year range...

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Because even weight between 2 exact rigs can be different and not everyone has access or even knows they have access to the scales at truckstops. Can't do corner weights without 4 independent scales under each wheel.

The weight of my 2017 chevrolet colorado z71 duramax is 6300 lbs stock. Front and rear bumper probably around 200 lbs, winch 90 lbs skid plates 50-60lbs rock sliders 100 lbs, 33 inch tires 90-100lbs each x5, recovery gear another 100lbs, led pods 5 lbs, snorkel around 8lbs, cb and ham radio maybe 5lbs.
So around 1000lbs more than stock

Reactions: jaymar