Lewisville, TX, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
King
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
So, since the Xterra is currently down for rebuilding, the wife and I were discussing the idea of a smaller "Weekender" rig. We're toying with the idea of either a 1st Gen awd Honda CR-V or an older Toyota RAV4 sport. I've found a few of each for a pretty decent price. Just curious, has anyone else here used one of these platforms to build on?

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I have owned many Honda autos they have been bullet proof. They are not for more than dirt roads. Why not get a trailer?

Reactions: Ir1shDr1fter

Ir1shDr1fter

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Lewisville, TX, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
King
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I have owned many Honda autos they have been bullet proof. They are not for more than dirt roads. Why not get a trailer?
Unfortunately it's going to be a while before we're able to get the Xterra back on the road. Found more issues when we were getting into it the other day. Talked about building out a smaller rig for my wife and for doing short trips. Not looking to build anything to do something other than just gravel road for that one

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
That gen crv can take a beating. No issues at all besides the rusties. The newer ones with the roundish smiley face are brutal. Stay away from those. Rav's. Can't go wrong. Also look at subies and small jeeps too. We love the patriot and theres a decent aftermarket for it. Just don't buy the rough country crap lift. It's junk. Get daystar, or RRO.