On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

SOLD!

FOR SALE: BRAND NEW @tembotusk Skottle

The Skottle is an 18” disc used for cooking. It stands 28” tall on removable legs and is heated with a 10,000 BTU Coleman single burner fueled by propane. You can use either single pound canisters or larger tanks. I strongly suggest a larger re-fillable tank to help reduce litter and landfill waste.

Traditionally used in farming communities of South Africa and Mexico, the Skottle is based on the re-purposing of a disc from a disc harrow used for tilling farmland. The concave shape and size was perfect for grilling and cooking meals in the field. It has become a go-to cooking tool for overland and expedition style camping and travel.

This Skottle and burner is brand new and has never been used.

It comes pre-seasoned and includes:
- 10,000 BTU Coleman’s Single Burner,
- windshield for the burner
- three removable legs with eye bolt set screws, and
- stainless steel domed cooking lid with handle
- steam tray
- durable black patio cover
- rugged @blueridgeoverlandgear carry bags for all parts

Skottle, burner, and carry bag go for $275 new, plus shipping. This does NOT include the stainless steel domed cover, steam tray, burner windshield, or patio cover.

Priced separately the total of everything I have for sale in this kit is over $370.00 plus shipping. Shipping in the lower 48 can be anywhere from free local pickup (which could be anywhere as I wander the country; Maine coast right now, headed to VT, OH and VA then NC for Expo East) or up to $40 or so. I paid 35.69 to have it shipped cross country.

I’m selling the whole kit for $325 plus shipping. Firm, no trades.

If it doesn't sell here, I'm sure it will sell for this price at one of the rallies or at Overland Expo East. I also have a standing offer for this price if I still have it when I go to Canada.

All images were taken this week.

This is first-come, first-served. I will not hold this kit without a deposit.

If seriously interested, send a note via email to make arrangements, NOT a reply or DM in here, as I cannot always get in here when traveling. I may not see a reply to this thread, or a DM, for ages. Email is best, seriously.

Thanks!

Road

y-img_3122-700.jpg

y-IMG_3119-700.jpg

y-IMG_3118-700.jpg

y-IMG_3126-700.JPG

y-IMG_3138-700.JPG

y-IMG_3213-700.JPG

y-IMG_3224-700.JPG

y-IMG_3220-700.jpg

y-IMG_3217-700.JPG

y-IMG_3134-700.JPG

y-IMG_3136-700.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Nice setup! Any chance you are coming down for the Blueridge Overland Roof Top Tent Rally in Oct?
Thanks, I think it's everything you can get for the Skottle.

re: BROG RTT Rally - Hoping to, but can't promise it. A lot of things floating out there right now that are grabbing at me to do.

As my post indicates, though, best way to reach me for a more timely response is via email or insta. This place is too confusing and hard to get into sometimes for me when on the road and the app has been impossible.

Last edited:

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

@St8ton , @antangil , and anyone else interested, please email your contact info and/or questions. Please do NOT DM in here or leave posts in this thread that you're interested, as I'm heading out again soon and rarely check in here when I go off-grid. I may be gone a couple months or more.

As of right now, I'm tentatively planning on BROG's RTT Rally, am going to American Adventurist's Appalachian Rendezvous and, barring any unforeseen circumstance, definitely going to Overland Expo East.

I'll have the Skottle and all accessories shown with me. As posted in the original post: This is first-come, first-served. I will not hold this kit without a deposit.

Email
- If you can't get the email link to work, open up your email program or gmail, etc, first, then use the link.

Cool?

Thanks.