• HTML tutorial

ravenplague

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Santa Cruz, CA
Member #

Hey guys,
@picklejuice and @Mike G and I are headed to Prewitt Campground via Highway 1 and Old Coast Road and wanted to see if anyone else is interested in joining.

We are meeting at my house in Santa Cruz on Jan 28 th at 8:00 am and getting breakfast and rolling out. It will just be a one nighter.

Old Coast Road and the trail to get to the Prewitt campground are super mellow. You won't need to air down and probably not need to get into 4 wheel drive even!
Here is my trip a few years back for reference.

Last edited:

hallry

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Campbell, CA
Member #

Hey guys,
@picklejuice and @Mike G and I are headed to Prewitt Campground via Highway 1 and Old Coast Road and wanted to see if anyone else is interested in joining.

We are meeting at my house in Santa Cruz on Jan 28 th at 8:00 am and getting breakfast and rolling out. It will just be a one nighter.

Old Coast Road and the trail to get to the Prewitt campground are super mellow. You won't need to air down and probably not need to get into 4 wheel drive even!
I would possibly be down as long as it's open. I've been there about 5 times and I love every one. I'm located in MV.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I checked into this around Thanksgiving and NF road was open while Nacimiento campground was closed. This is awesome. I will be there! This campsite is way too close to be a bucket list item.

ravenplague

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Santa Cruz, CA
Member #

Mike G called the ranger down there in December and he said Prewitt Campground was open but that there were fire restrictions. The ranger also said that the fire restrictions could be lifted in a couple of weeks. Im guessing with all the recent rain , it should be fine. Ill ask Mike G to call again just before the departure date to make sure all is good. One of us will keep you all posted.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I'm also going to pre-run NF road this weekend. I'm curious just how sharp the switchbacks are and if we can get my trailer up there for kicks and giggles.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Mike G called the ranger down there in December and he said Prewitt Campground was open but that there were fire restrictions. The ranger also said that the fire restrictions could be lifted in a couple of weeks. Im guessing with all the recent rain , it should be fine. Ill ask Mike G to call again just before the departure date to make sure all is good. One of us will keep you all posted.
I called the Monterey Ranger District and the fire ban has been lifted. We can have a camp fire at the designated camp sites with a fire permit. I'll down load a fire permit today so we can use on our trip. The permits are free and they are good for a year.

Reactions: shoredreamer

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

user22205_pic38453_1455661186.jpg user22205_pic38451_1455661186.jpg
I'm also going to pre-run NF road this weekend. I'm curious just how sharp the switchbacks are and if we can get my trailer up there for kicks and giggles.
@maktruk NF road has some sharp switchbacks and gets pretty narrow in some spots. Thiers Plasket Ridge Road that's south of NF Road that maybe better but I've never taken that route before.

Here's the Prewitt Ridge camp site I stayed at last year. The spot had a fire ring and picnic table with plenty of parking and enough room for three tents. There's also another camp site just across from this site.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I talked to my buddy who A) knows the road, being a former BS resident and B) knows my trailer because he used to own the exact same model and said it's not an issue, guys with bigger rigs than mine make that road.

My fire permit is current, and I will likely have been settled in for 12 hours or more by the time you fellas arrive :-) Cya there

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

Hey guys,

Should we start a running tally of who's in and who's tentative in this post?

Reactions: Mike G