Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Love seeing all these full size rigs!

I have a 22 Ram. I'm slowly adding gear to get it how I want.
I have a 22 Ram now also. Used to "overland" in my 2000 Silverado for years, all over as I travelled the USA. Not giving up on my Jeep, but thinking about projects for improving options in the Ram.

Reactions: Sequoiadendron

GT.MANLEY

Rank I

Contributor III

TEXAS
finally getting around to posting a picture of my rig. 1988 GMC suburban, Me and my boy have made several overnight trips to some local state parks and a couple big dirt track races testing out the sleeping situation, it sleeps 2 extremely comfortable and hauls our bikes anywhere we need to go, so far. Looking forward to some long distance extended trips where we can really put it thru the paces and see what is needed to be improved on. as of right now i have not done any major modifications on how i bought it a few years ago other then maint and repair. Really looking to swap the lift out to a nice riding 4 inch full spring setup and upgrade the 31s to 33s, and relocate the spare to the exterior and free up a little inside space. would love to build an extreme off road set up but this is my daily and still need decent mpg and functionality.
BURB.jpg

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

finally getting around to posting a picture of my rig. 1988 GMC suburban, Me and my boy have made several overnight trips to some local state parks and a couple big dirt track races testing out the sleeping situation, it sleeps 2 extremely comfortable and hauls our bikes anywhere we need to go, so far. Looking forward to some long distance extended trips where we can really put it thru the paces and see what is needed to be improved on. as of right now i have not done any major modifications on how i bought it a few years ago other then maint and repair. Really looking to swap the lift out to a nice riding 4 inch full spring setup and upgrade the 31s to 33s, and relocate the spare to the exterior and free up a little inside space. would love to build an extreme off road set up but this is my daily and still need decent mpg and functionality.
View attachment 281822
Excellent platform and good luck with the build. I’ve been looking for an old square body ‘burb as well.
What kind/brand of 4” suspension would you put on her?

GT.MANLEY

Rank I

Contributor III

TEXAS
really leaning towards the tuffcountry ez ride setup, have heard alot of good things on them and have rode in one burb with the ruff country set up and one with the tough country setup and the ride difference is night and day. the ez ride rode way better on the washed out backroads around here.

Reactions: dp454so