Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

This will be our 3rd Annual Big Bend trip. I have 40 acres on the Terlingua Ranch that serves as a great base camp for the Big Bend area.
We're 30 miles from the National Park( 39 to Panther Junction) . 40 Miles to Study Butte-Terlingua, 100 Miles to BBRSP.
There are no facilities so you need to be self sufficient.

The last couple trips we've covered BBNP trails (Old Ore, Black Gap, etc. ) so this year hoping to hit up some trails in the Big Bend Ranch State Park.

Kueezy

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Grand Prairie, Tarrant County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Cuizon
Just went for the thanksgiving weekend. Would love to join y’all in May. Didn’t really get to explore the BBRSP trails this turn around
That's funny. My buddy @Raptorlander was there the same time.
You should join us.
If he was the red raptor, I might’ve seen him drive by. I’ll see if my buddy wants to join in again in May

Reactions: DosTacos

OkieDavid

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Guthrie, Oklahoma
Member #

I just dropped off the rsvp list, I don't think I'm going to have a vehicle available for this trip. I've ordered a new truck with no eta rather than purchase what's on the lot. Hopefully I can catch a future trip with you.

OkieDavid

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Guthrie, Oklahoma
Member #

Thanks for the heads up. Hope to catch you on another trip.
What truck did you order?
I've decided to move up to a 3/4 ton since I'm hauling a Four Wheel Camper. Even though my 1/2 ton has gotten me where I want to go, including Big Bend Ranch in the past, I wanted to add a winch and sliders and I'm already maxed out on weight with the camper. 100,000 miles on the old truck, including thousands of miles with the camper to a lot of off pavement routes, but just don't want to be running 100% capacity in my next truck. So I'm ordering a new GMC 3/4 ton.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Was offered an internship in Austin for the summer, so will have to cancel my RSVP. Enjoy y’all’s trip
Depending where you end up living, we have two monthly meetups in the area. First or third saturday.

Reactions: DosTacos and Kueezy