Rank I

Contributor III

Salt Lake City, UT, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Haacke
Hey all,

Does anybody have any experience with the bestop supertop 2? Specifically on a tacoma.

I curious how the rear track attaches to the tailgate and am not seeing how it works in the instructions.

I'm interested in the bestop over the softipper because I'd like to avoid sticking velcro to the paint of the tailgate.

Any experiences or opinions on this matter would be awesome.

Thanks.

LRFam1718

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Newport News, Virginia, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572
Hey all,

Does anybody have any experience with the bestop supertop 2? Specifically on a tacoma.

I curious how the rear track attaches to the tailgate and am not seeing how it works in the instructions.

I'm interested in the bestop over the softipper because I'd like to avoid sticking velcro to the paint of the tailgate.

Any experiences or opinions on this matter would be awesome.

Thanks.
Don't have a Tacoma, but am tracking that all of the Bestop super top 2's mount the same.

Once the side bars are in place, there are two cross bars. One in the front by the window, and one that spans across the top of the tailgate.

The tailgate cross bar is designed to be removable, and the rear window flap uses plastic tabs and fabric tension to mount into this cross bar.

It's a good system, but two observations to help illustrate for you:

- I have the decked system as well. So, when I load things into the back of the truck, I have to decide whether to "unlatch" and unzip the window panel and put things over top of the bar; or whether to remove it completely. There really is no room to slide anything underneath.

- the fabric stretches over time. This loosens how the plastic tabs fit into the channel on the tailgate cross bar. Many times I have noticed the window panel flapping when traveling.

I hope that helps