Broncoma

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hendersonville, NC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Turpin
My wife bought one of these Mr Heater Basecamp Battery operated shower systems at auction a while back. I haven't used it yet but was just trying to decide whether to keep it or get rid of it. It's pretty heavy and fairly cumbersome. Anybody have/used one before?

Attachments

Sneaks

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Swenson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1MUR
Is that heat on demand or does it contain a reservoir? And if it holds water, how much? We use the Iron Mountain rechargeable pump\shower which works well. Need to heat the water first, if this isn't on-demand, so will this. If I was basecamping for an extended period of time, what you have looks like it would be nice. If moving around a lot, seems like something smaller and simple would be a better option? We used our Iron Mountain for 3 months last fall as our house shower and for doing dishes when our well went dry. I am impressed with the performance. 2.5gal would shower one of us comfortably if we paused while sudsing up (both with shoulder-length hair) and could get 8-10 uses before charging via USB. Charging took 2-3 hours. Might be an option.

Reactions: Broncoma

Broncoma

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hendersonville, NC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Turpin
Is that heat on demand or does it contain a reservoir? And if it holds water, how much? We use the Iron Mountain rechargeable pump\shower which works well. Need to heat the water first, if this isn't on-demand, so will this. If I was basecamping for an extended period of time, what you have looks like it would be nice. If moving around a lot, seems like something smaller and simple would be a better option? We used our Iron Mountain for 3 months last fall as our house shower and for doing dishes when our well went dry. I am impressed with the performance. 2.5gal would shower one of us comfortably if we paused while sudsing up (both with shoulder-length hair) and could get 8-10 uses before charging via USB. Charging took 2-3 hours. Might be an option.
Pretty sure it's on demand. It has a pump that runs into your water source on one side and then the shower hose on the other side. One thing I do really like about it that it can run off a 20lb. Propane tank or a 1lb. Can. I'll probably keep it since she(wife) only paid 25 bucks for it because nobody at the auction knew what it was or was worth...

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

It looks a little bigger than the other on-demand systems out there but it was a gift from your wife so you better keep it LOL

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I like that it can run off D-cells, evidently, and can use a smaller propane bottle (though I hate them for the sheer number of waste items they produce).

I have an on-demand propane-fired water heater in my trailer, and love that it's a good deal smaller than the Mr Heater one.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Pretty sure it's on demand. It has a pump that runs into your water source on one side and then the shower hose on the other side. One thing I do really like about it that it can run off a 20lb. Propane tank or a 1lb. Can. I'll probably keep it since she(wife) only paid 25 bucks for it because nobody at the auction knew what it was or was worth...
For $25 that's a steal compared to what they sell for on Amazon!

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
If you have the room I say keep it. $25 is a great bargain. A friend has one and he has used it for years. Seems to work well for them. They camp all the time and he takes showers daily. Maybe we should call him Mr. Clean.