Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
Like I said in the Part 1 video I am by no means an expert on Baja but that does not stop people ask me questions about traveling in Baja. I just pass on what my experience has been in the hopes that it will help someone else.

This video answers some of the about actually traveling and camping in Baja. I hope you find the information useful. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to watch our videos.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

What a nice Video! I have been going for 60 years (Firsrt time as a child). I make about 8 to 10 trips per year mostly 10 to 14 days. I leave for 10days next week.

The info. is very good! A couple of points I think you missed:
1) It's you job to get your FMM/stamped at the boarder, nobody is checking as you cross, you need to research where to pull over, usually before you cross.
2) WhatsApp is a wifi Voice over IP app it is how Central and South America communicate, text, calls, and video. both parties need it as it is incepted. Free BTW.
3) Every town has a OR water place to refill your water.
4) iOverlander app is a public driven info. base for camping, hotels, repair shops and such. it is a great resource.
5)There are a number of FB groups on Baja.
6) When eating a roadside food stand go to the busy one with locals.

Reactions: DosTacos

WesternExplorer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Gaylor
Member #

thank you both for your insight. I’m very interested doing this trip but would prefer to have a couple of other vehicles to do it with and not alone. Do you have any thought on how to link up with others for this trip?

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

thank you both for your insight. I’m very interested doing this trip but would prefer to have a couple of other vehicles to do it with and not alone. Do you have any thought on how to link up with others for this trip?
Moderator's : I'll take this down if I am over stepping.
When are you going down? The Sea of Cortez and San Filipe are very hot this time of the year. it will be hot through Sept. Facebook has a group Baja Overland that people hook up on, there are some tour groups on there too.

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
I am glad you found the video helpful. As for finding people to go down with I can suggest watching the forums and FB.

BajaLory

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Lory
Last Name
Perfect
Member #

Yes on how to connect with other Baja peeps. Contact me

2G4R

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUC
Planning a trip mid november, 10-15 days. Traveling in the 4runner with my gf and 2 dogs. starting in bay area, CA. Anyone have suggestions- places to eat, see, things to do? We'll b camping most nights. Looking for secluded places i can let the dogs run around
thanks!

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Planning a trip mid november, 10-15 days. Traveling in the 4runner with my gf and 2 dogs. starting in bay area, CA. Anyone have suggestions- places to eat, see, things to do? We'll b camping most nights. Looking for secluded places i can let the dogs run around
thanks!
Did you get my PM?