Badrun 2017 Tacoma build.

• HTML tutorial

Badrun

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Texas
Member #

Im getting a tradesman topper so im going to put a drakar spring kit on it to handle the weight. Im thinking front skid, diff skid, side sliders. Im not ready to get deep into suspension until i know more and can make an intelligent decision on what i need.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Dakar springs are great. If you use your stock rear shocks you won't get all the articulation they are capable of. You will also sit a couple inches higher in the rear. It's definitely a good idea to wait and figure out what you want for the rest of it though. The going motto for upgrades is "buy once, cry once"

Badrun

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Texas
Member #

It does say the kit raises 2 inches. You dont think the topper will level it out some? Its around 250lbs.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

If it does at all it will be a small amount. If it's to tall you can remove the long overload spring and lose .5" of height.

Reactions: 260overland

Badrun

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Texas
Member #

Okay little update.

Have ordered everything i think i meed at this time. I wanted to avoid a lift if possible.. well it wasnt ahah..

So things on order.

Emu heavy load 2" suspension complete kit
Total chaos bed stiffeners
Tradesman topper
SSO slimline hybrid bumper
Smitty built 10,000 lb synthetic winch
And a new grill for cool points.

For now it is just the waiting game. When the build starts pictures will follow.

Badrun

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Texas
Member #

Will nickle and dime armor as i become more comfortable with offroading.

Badrun

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Texas
Member #

A roof rack will probably happen shortly i just dont know what i want yet.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Way to jump all in. I would recommend at least a front skid. Protecting the oil pan is a good idea will learning more about off-roading. RCI Metal works is good source for skids.

Reactions: Badrun

Badrun

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Texas
Member #

Yeah i pretty much live out of my truck 90% of the time so i figured invest. armor is next on the list of things to do. I want a fridge but my cooler is getting it done atm so that down the list a ways. After this first big dump im just going to piece it together slowly. Im going to build drawers and a platform in the back within the next cple months. I will document that as well.

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

Okay little update.

Have ordered everything i think i meed at this time. I wanted to avoid a lift if possible.. well it wasnt ahah..

So things on order.

Emu heavy load 2" suspension complete kit
Total chaos bed stiffeners
Tradesman topper
SSO slimline hybrid bumper
Smitty built 10,000 lb synthetic winch
And a new grill for cool points.

For now it is just the waiting game. When the build starts pictures will follow.
I have the SSO bumper and love it!
I have the smittybilt and love it!
I have the total chaos stiffeners and love them!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

I would take a look at the Prinsu racks. They make a nice flat roof rack that is priced pretty good. I started the armor with sliders first. Most of the time I can use the sliders and not worry about having skids.

Reactions: Red Beard

Badrun

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Texas
Member #

Is it weird that i want a rack with steel/aluminum TUBES to match the bumpers? (the rear bumper whenever it happens will probably be the arb rear)