Backup Alarms anyone ? (Reverse Alarms)

• HTML tutorial
E

expeditionnorth

I dont know how many times whether it be on the trail in a group or out in public someone gets right behind you or in the rear blindspot

& I have a neighbor kid that likes riding behind me when I backup..which is another can of worms

I originally decided to be frugal ($13) & got the first one in the following photo

onto the story

...the back up alarm me & my son installed last Sept died a slow death over the course of the winter

it seemed to dislike the extreme -temperatures we had here in VT this winter

the colder it got, the worse it sounded until it died

here's the old unit which was very loud, more of a treble sound

so I upgraded after returning the defective one to the parts store & paid the price difference of $24, this one is supposedly commercial, hopefully it lasts

video of the new backup alarm later

E

expeditionnorth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjETyIq3FBI&feature=youtu.be

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

You can't go wrong with having it. I like that is not so laud. something to thing about. thanks for sharing .

Frisly

UKCRD

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor III

I've installed a set of sensors in the bumper of my Wrangler JK. They're darn useful, especially if you have a hook on the back. The only downside is when I get in my wife's car and forget she doesn't have any...

Another useful tool I've installed is a good quality reversing camera. Invaluable in on-road and off and brilliant when towing a small trailer that can't otherwise be seen.

UKCRD

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor III

As long as you get a good quality one and mount it in a protected position so you don't kill it on the trail they're very useful indeed. I wouldn't mind having another on the front. Then again, I'm a pilot and I like my gadgets! :blush:

E

expeditionnorth

surprised you are not an amateur radio op, I've talked with many pilots around the world in their company jets at 38K'

the commercial radio @300watts & the height makes for a great signal (as you know, line of sight, though its HF)

UKCRD

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor III

LOL! Mike, I AM indeed a licenced HAM radio operator. Hence my blog name 4W DX. :blush: I run an ICOM IC-E92D with HM-177-GPS MIC in the Jeep.