First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Carpenter
Member #

Service Branch
Emergency Manager
Hello,

Does anyone know of any good overlanding trails/routes and campsites near Asheville North Carolina?

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

Hello,

Does anyone know of any good overlanding trails/routes and campsites near Asheville North Carolina?
There are a number of USFS roads in Nantahala National Forest southwest of Asheville. FS81 outside of Robbinsville runs alongside Santeelah Creek and connects to other FS roads in TN’s Cherokee NF. Get maps of these and their corresponding MVUM’s. Lots of dispersed camping sites in both National Forests. Lake Powhatan is a nice developed USFS campground with power and clean showers just outside of Asheville if you need something more upscale

H&B Adventures

Rank VI

Influencer I

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Carpenter
Member #

Service Branch
Emergency Manager
There are a number of USFS roads in Nantahala National Forest southwest of Asheville. FS81 outside of Robbinsville runs alongside Santeelah Creek and connects to other FS roads in TN’s Cherokee NF. Get maps of these and their corresponding MVUM’s. Lots of dispersed camping sites in both National Forests. Lake Powhatan is a nice developed USFS campground with power and clean showers just outside of Asheville if you need something more upscale
Awesome information, I love this area.

-Brandon Carpenter, H&B Adventures #29840

Chris Starling

Rank V

Contributor III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Starling
Member #

Not super close to Asheville but we love going to Uwharrie, and also Pisgah area near Brevard. Also Brown Mountain area and staying at Betsey’s in the camping area.