Spring, Texas, United States
First Name
Angel
Last Name
Rivera
Member #

Service Branch
DD-214 7th SFGA
DW calls it her money pit. Though, truth be told, it’s in pretty good shape. Some cosmetics, and upgrades and it will be better than my H3 which is da bomb. But once you get the little things done, it runs nicely.

For the record, DW is “Dear Wife”

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
:rage:Well, wife's not happy, she complains every time I leave the H2 breaks, she's convinced it hates her. Had to have it towed 3 miles because a coolant line decided to go. Don't know which one but there was a large orange puddle under the truck aft of the engine. I'm thinking it is a heater hose but who knows.
I just had all the heater hoses changed on mine. I couldn’t see any leaks, but I could get wiffs of coolant when it was hot.

Reactions: Angel Rivera

ArloTheH2

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kansas City
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Haworth
Member #

Dont give up Angel! They all need maintenance. I had to have a new transmission put in mine, now it's looking like the water pump. Dont let her anthropomorphize your truck in a negative way. It will keep you safe when it counts!

Reactions: Angel Rivera

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
So I'm designing my aux battery system, currently, the plan is to fabricate a panel over one of the rear interior pockets and using my old compressor mount area for the 2nd Battery, I will share it all to include components and where to mount them once it is complete, but I have a question hs anyone ever seen an H2 with a rear window gullwing setup? I thought of doing this to one side o mine

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
So I'm designing my aux battery system, currently, the plan is to fabricate a panel over one of the rear interior pockets and using my old compressor mount area for the 2nd Battery, I will share it all to include components and where to mount them once it is complete, but I have a question hs anyone ever seen an H2 with a rear window gullwing setup? I thought of doing this to one side o mine
This guy built his own for a Land Rover, but the process should be good.

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
So I finished my 2 optional designs for my aux battery, option 1 puts the battery under trim over the rear wheel while Option 2 uses the old compressor mount area for the battery

AUX Battery Option1.jpgAUX Battery Option2.JPG